Windows live hotmail

Question

• I have been having many problems with otmail over the past 5 going on 6 days now. I get these error messages that say;  "There was a problem with the Windows Live Hotmail service (a temporary network connectivity issue that has nothing to do with your computer). Please try again"

or

We're doing some maintenance to improve the service. We apologize for getting in your way. Please try again in a few minutes. If it's been more than an hour, tell us you're still waiting.”

Is there a reason this has been going on for 5 almost 6 days now???????

There has been no help from microsoft of any type. I have tried to report it but never have received a response. A simple we know there are problems would be great. I am using IE 8 and done all the other stuff but all have resulted in failure. I am not the only one who is experiencing these problems.

non-geek
    Monday, April 06, 2009 10:20 PM

All replies

• You should use the Hotmail Online Solution Center for question like this. http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:47 AM
  • Me too--this has been going on for two weeks--and many more people have suddenly had the same problem.  I'm on the the Microsoft Live support site and they are just treating it like a handful of individuals having problems with their browsers, and not like a sudden, massive glitch that tons of users are experiencing and not getting proper help for.  I'm at a loss.  I'm switching to gmail but I still can't open emails that keep coming into my hotmail account.  It's very frustrating. 
    Friday, April 17, 2009 10:16 PM
  • Similar problem. "There was a problem with the Windows Live Hotmail service (a temporary network connectivity issue that has nothing to do with your computer). Please try again.", for two days now. Email is building up, important communications and unable to open, let alone reply.
    Friday, February 05, 2010 1:25 AM
  •  "There was a problem with the Windows Live Hotmail service (a temporary network connectivity issue that has nothing to do with your computer). Please try again."

I am also having the same problem for about a week now.
    - problems deleting messages
     - emails don't send properly
     - slow loading different folders.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Yeah. Im having the same problem. It could mean that many of us are facing the same error. I just got this problem today. This is really make me sick!.

Monday, June 07, 2010 7:27 AM
  • same things happen to me in the last few days after having no issues the last 6 months. It happened on my desktop using firefox so i tried it on my laptop using IE. Same issue
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:31 AM
  • Nobody mentioned whether they are running the "new look" hotmail. I'd be interested to know.

I get the same, right as they "upgraded me" to their "new look". It has been horrible. It takes minutes to read a few line email. this happens on both my work and home computer, both running different versions of IE (7 & 8). So if anyone tells you it is your IE, OS, or any other nonsense, this is a common condition across the community.

Their new look hotmail and these performance issues have forced me to forward (when it finally will pull up an email) on to a different email account just so I can see and manage attachments. Their ridiculous preview feature wouldn't even let me open a word document in word - it kept opening it in a web window, and wouldn't let me save it.

I'm just trying to work out how I can leave hotmail. These problems have been terrible.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Nobody mentioned whether they are running the "new look" hotmail. I'd be interested to know.

I get the same, right as they "upgraded me" to their "new look". It has been horrible. It takes minutes to read a few line email. this happens on both my work and home computer, both running different versions of IE (7 & 8). So if anyone tells you it is your IE, OS, or any other nonsense, this is a common condition across the community.

Their new look hotmail and these performance issues have forced me to forward (when it finally will pull up an email) on to a different email account just so I can see and manage attachments. Their ridiculous preview feature wouldn't even let me open a word document in word - it kept opening it in a web window, and wouldn't let me save it.

I'm just trying to work out how I can leave hotmail. These problems have been terrible.

Yes I am using the "new look" which was also forced upon me and I am constantly getting this message. This "new look" has been nothing but slowness since it came out and has nothing to do with my computer as it happens on multiple different models at home and at work.
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:57 PM
  • OUT HERE IN NC. SEVERAL TIMES IN PAST FEW WEEKS!.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Hotmail (new version)  is pathetic!  I get the same message EVERY night beginning around midnight!
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:01 AM
  • I have been having this problem all day today!!! It's so annoying when you really want to access your account. Microsoft please do your maintenance work when I sleep!!! ;)
    Mervyn
    Monday, November 08, 2010 9:55 PM
  • Its aweful. This never happens with google. Even with free account. Free should not mean its going to be rubbish.
    Best Regards, Please mark the answers which is helpful to you. thanks http://www.activebiz.co.uk
    Monday, January 10, 2011 3:20 PM
  • I have been having the same problem for a week now and have not found any solutions yet.

Friday, March 18, 2011 1:13 PM