Is the parameters specification about http://login.live.com/login.srf available?

Answers

• As far as I know, there's no information that's available to everyone. I think I do know what each parameter means though:

Parameter Description
    wa
    Algorithm to use to sign in
    rpsnv
    Something related to RPS (Relying Party Suite) SDK, don't know what. Maybe version?
    ct
    Current time: timestamp used to determine the time when the request was first made, and to block browsers (or proxy servers) from pulling things from cache.
    rver
    Version used by the client, RPS version.
    wp
    Security policy to use (see Trevin Chow's blog)
    wreply
    URL to return to after sign in
    lc
    Language code to use for the interface
    id
    ID of the requesting site. It's like the Application ID in the MSM, but then specific to RPS.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I'm pretty close. Maybe somebody from Microsoft can give me an official answer? Angus? Jorgen? Smile
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:17 AM
  • The paramaters are described in the RPS SDK documentation, but Alex basically got it right above.

Take a look on http://liveid/ for internal partner support.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:48 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, there's no information that's available to everyone. I think I do know what each parameter means though:

Parameter Description
    wa
    Algorithm to use to sign in
    rpsnv
    Something related to RPS (Relying Party Suite) SDK, don't know what. Maybe version?
    ct
    Current time: timestamp used to determine the time when the request was first made, and to block browsers (or proxy servers) from pulling things from cache.
    rver
    Version used by the client, RPS version.
    wp
    Security policy to use (see Trevin Chow's blog)
    wreply
    URL to return to after sign in
    lc
    Language code to use for the interface
    id
    ID of the requesting site. It's like the Application ID in the MSM, but then specific to RPS.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I'm pretty close. Maybe somebody from Microsoft can give me an official answer? Angus? Jorgen? Smile
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:17 AM
  • The paramaters are described in the RPS SDK documentation, but Alex basically got it right above.

Take a look on http://liveid/ for internal partner support.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:48 AM
  • It's helpful!

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:06 AM
  • Hello,
    We're going to be an application provider hosting a site for partner progam members.  We're having some difficulty finding the appropriate information to use Windows Live ID to authenticate "partners".  

Do you have any idea where to begin setting up the authentication process, to authenticate partners.  We're requesting access to the information internally, but I'm looking for more information on setting up the login interface, and which SDK is used for this.  Basic Web Authentication does not have the ability to authenticate partners, and it doesn't appear to be the correct method.  Any help or resources you can point me to would be great.

Thanks.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:45 PM
  • What you need is the Relying Party Suite, that's meant for partners. For more information, contact Jorgen Thelin about it.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:48 PM
  • Thanks, Alex.  I've read information on RPS, just not sure which one is correct, for partner authentication.  What would be the best way to contact Jorgen?

Thanks.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:58 PM
  • You can e-mail him directly at jthelin@microsoftHATESSPAM.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:01 PM
  • A very useful parameter that can be passed is the context parameter (&appctx=your-session-state-stuff).

When you make the round trip out to LiveID and back you loose your current session and anything that might have been already captured.

If you look at the sample application and the documentation (here) you will see that you can pass setting or whatever through live and back to your site. This will let you pick back up again and keep going.

In the codebehind you can access the context in the "user" object:

string myContext = user.context;

You might parse it however makes sense for your usage.

I hope this helps.

Larry Aultman

Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:07 AM