No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger

Question

• I have an Del Inspiron 530 with Vista Home Premium Service pack 1, and have been using my Logitech quickcam pro 5000 web cam for a year with no problems till yesterday. For some reason I can only see my friends web cam & they can't see me. I've tried the following and still no joy, please help : -
    1. I've uninstalled and reloaded the Logitech & Windows Live Messenger software (http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger)
    2. I've made sure the correct web cam is selected on MSN by going on the "Show Menu" located on the top left on Windows Live Messenger, then tools, audio & video set up.
    3. While I'm off line my web cam works but when I go on line all I see is a picture of a web cam with a red cross through it.
    4. Logitech say my web cam is working perfectly and told me it's a Windows problem.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:15 AM

All replies

• did you get it to work? we are having the same issue.
    • Proposed as answer by tmaaka Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Same problem, Lenovo laptop, vista, windows live ver 2009, remote user can see & hear me. I can see & hear myself, and hear the remote.
    I see webcamera icon with a red X.

Remote users system works with others.

I had trouble loading windows live, went to windows live help and implemented tips so I could create a windows live login.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:53 PM
  • did you get it to work? we are having the same issue.

I think the problem from wlm new version it allows video calls only no video alone and we cant install the old version
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:47 AM
  • now i got the solution when i downloaded amsn messenger the icon show my cam reappered and now i can chat with  cam open on live messenger or amsn messenger any quries just email me on omarhirzallah@hotmail.com
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:39 AM