OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Msn Live Not Working

Question

• My msn live is not working. I turn on my computer log on and msn live does not open at the start like it normally does. I then click to open it and nothing. But when i press Ctrl Alt Delete i click the processes tab and msnmsgr.exe is their twice  since i've opened it twice end one process and still it does not work. When it decides to work i sign in but it crashes when i click on it.....

Please help... I know others have had the same problem....

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling and repairing but still nothing

Friday, February 02, 2007 12:55 PM

All replies

• Also i can not sign into msn hotmail to see my emails cause this also crashes the internet page i want to view.... And i can not log into meebo and other online messeger's, 

Regards

Friday, February 02, 2007 12:59 PM
  • I had the same problem and i fixed it with this:

i deleted this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger, and then i installed the last msn  live messenger 8.1, you can download it from here.

http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

Dario

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:19 PM
  • I copied and overwrote the winhttp.dll file in C:\windows\system32 and it worked wonders.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:04 AM
  • where is the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

i cant find it

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:55 AM
  • you copied and overwrote the winhttp.dll file in C:\windows\system32 and it worked wonders ???

but you copied what file and where that is?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:12 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem.  Before i proceed here is my system info.  I am using:

Vista Home Basic OS

I.E. 7 Browser

My issue is that the IE browser is unable to load live.com home page.  Whenever i click or type live.com in the URL the page just stops or gets stuck, i get the loading icon and nothing happens. The same thing happens when i click on the Live toolbar icon. The page gets stuck and if i click on the exit button nothing works.  I invariably have to close all the tabs but the tab which has live.com or related pages does not close.  So i have to go to the task manger and end I.E.

I have uninstalled the live toolbar.  I am not able to access Live gallery, Live spaces, etc.

Please help me out here.  I did read the previous replies which mentioned about registry keys, but its Greek and Latin to me!  can someone explain or give a solution in layman terms?! If you need more info I shall furnish them.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:38 AM
  • same here, i did everything...i have no idea how to install and uninstall certain files..
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 4:41 AM
  • same here........did you get help??????
    Friday, February 15, 2008 2:42 PM
  • Dear Jordan & others,

first of all you must know that if you cannot open the Live webpage or any page related to Microsoft, or, Live messenger doesn't do login or it gives error like "not able to connect"/"time out"/etc.. This means you have a common virus that's going to all computer networks as i have seen!

Solution is to:
    Not uninstall your Antivirus software, but, not install some other one, Antivirus does not help you.
    You must first install a trojan remover.

I had same problem, after i installed and cleaned my computer with trojan remover everything was ok.

Hope to hear your issue is over.
    Regards,
    Alexandru.
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 2:25 AM
  • hey i have the same problem with my msn but i could still sign in with hotmail so maybe u have typed the wrong password or email so check them both carefully and hope u might have solved your problem. but if u are really really shore u havnt typed the wrong password or email then sorry mate cant help ya but got an idea for ya, when u sign in a few times wrong it should say "forgot your password " when u see this click on it and it will ask u a few questions.  hey maybe u didnt go on for a long long time and it just got deleted :L anyways hope u solve your problem ;)
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 7:29 AM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.