Problem connecting with webcam(s)

Question

• I have just installed windows live beta to my laptop and i am having problems with having a video call with a friend.
    It worked once but then my laptop turned off because my battery was running low but i have seen that some peoples laptops have turned off not sure if it was the battery problem or the msn problem?.
    But still when trying to connect with with webcams i am recieving a message as followed; Im not sure what this means is there something i can do to fix this. Help please!?.

Your call wasn't connected. Please try again or leave a video message. (Error: 0x8ac70907)

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:53 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem. What would it be?
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:00 PM
  • I'm having the same problem :s
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Hi!! I have the same probleme!
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:55 PM
  • I would like to get this sorted as would everyone else. WIndows live can you please get a fix for this as soon as possible... Starting to get pretty annoyed. 
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:32 PM
  • I'm having this problem as well! So annoying! I installed the latest version yesterday, because it told me to. I made one, short, video call with a friend and now today I can't send of recieve any. It's really getting on my nerves, why update it if it's not going to be any better?!
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:55 PM
  • I have the same problem! Although it was working earlier.  Then my connection dropped and now I get this error.  I've tried logging out and back in but it just won;t connect now :(

Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:38 PM
  • I've got the same problem since today and i deleted Messenger 2011 and installed 2009.

Even in Messenger 2009 I can only start Video-Conversations. If i start it in 2009 my whole Messenger doesn't react and in 2011 I've got a 1 sec connection and then it gets closed (0x8ac70907) Pleaaaaase fix it at soon as possible.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:38 PM
  • Same here, was working fine at 2PM but at 4:30 I get the error message.

Both ends seem to have working webcams and both show there own video locally, but neither seems to be able to connect and get the 0x8ac70907 Error code.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:51 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, Was working fine for the past week hit 4-4.30 bam stopped working, haven't been able to connect since.

Same error as paul...I'm going crazy... Someone find a solution...Ty :P

Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:22 PM
  • I have the same problem. Its really enoying and i have just installed the new msn. :(
    • Proposed as answer by dennile Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:30 PM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:30 PM
  • same problem here :(
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:33 PM
  • same here !!!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Same here. Trying to video call someone with 2009 version. I have 2011.
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:54 PM
  • Messenger 2011 and two erros coming: 0x8ac70907 and 0x80ee000c

Thx MSN team for doing such a nice job. First removing "send webcam" and then giving out software that does not work with older versions! And people on Windows XP can't even get the 2011 version.

Impressive... Microsoft, as always just not what the customer wants...

Sunday, October 31, 2010 11:29 PM
  • Same here, it worked fine yesterday, now it connects for a second and drops out with the same error code. I'm using the same program. Messenger 2011 on Windows 7. This is so frustrating!
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:52 AM
  • I have the same problem :( the most f**** ing annoying thing is that I connect my gf on msn and she cant get skype. Im really well annoyed.... guys please if u have any idea how to fix that post it here plz. f**** microshit windows
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 1:32 PM
  • i have the same error..

how to solve this problem plz???

• Proposed as answer by LeeOui Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:47 PM
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Ugh!! Same thing for me.

This has been happening since I had my old laptop maybe two or three years ago. 

Theres me thinking its my laptops fault. STUPID WINDOWS!

I mean whats the point of upgrading if its just taking things away from you. I spent soo much money on a new laptop so that I could use the webcam that is preinstalled in it and I was REALLY excited to finally be able to video call.

I dont understand why even though SOO many people have been complaining about this they cant find a soloution. Dont they even check their forums.

You'd think such a developed buisness branch like Microsoft would be ahead in minor difficulties like these.

Everyday this happens to me and its putting me off of Windows Live Messenger soo much!

COME ON WINDOWS. Its your job to fix things like this. Your team is letting us ALL down. 

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:44 AM
  • The Windows MSN 8.5 Was good but if you have to uninstall new MSN and install 8.5, it wont let you as i have tried this and would not let me download 8.5, for the webcam to see if the problem was on 8.5 But nooooooo its being stupid and wont let me download 8.5, sadface :(
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:10 PM
  • I'm having the SAME PROBLEM why hasn't anything been done about this if SO many people seem to be having to deal with it? its annoying and we want it Fixed!
    Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:26 AM
  • same problem, latest updates on Win7 using Microsoft Lifecam 3000
    Saturday, January 01, 2011 9:18 PM
  • I had the smae problem about 10 minutes ago! The person i was tryna connect with and I both signed out and in again and it was fine after that  (:x
    Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:43 PM
  • I think I found a workaround for the problem:

- the one with older MSN calls a video call

- newer MSN user accepts the call with "audio only"

- after the connection was established, newer MSN switches the camera on 

All the previous attempts ended with the error message mentioned above, but this worked. At least once. :)

My PC has Vista and the other one has XP Pro SP2, can't remember MSN versions.

(Sorry if I'm using wrong terms, my MSN is not in English. :) )

• Proposed as answer by thefluffetts Friday, January 14, 2011 2:37 PM
    Friday, January 07, 2011 5:11 PM
  •  (Error: 0x8ac70907).  - GOT VIDEO CALL WORKING - video call to laptop (windows 7) windows live messenger 2011 and I have (windows xp) live messenger 2009 - it worked and no errors - then virgin firewall was added to laptop (windows 7) WLM 2011 - and (Error: 0x8ac70907). came up.  Uninstalled WLM 2011 - Installed WLM 2011 - Uninstalled WLM 2011 and Installed WLM 2011 again - still error.  However we took off virgin firewall and NO PROBLEMS  it now works - so will have to sort out virgin firewall.  this might help someone else - good luck 
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:37 PM
  • The same problem here with windows 7 ultimate and windows live
    Monday, January 17, 2011 4:08 PM
  • The same problem here with Windows 7 and Windows Live. AHHHHHH Windows fix the Fxxxxx problem fast please. otherwise what use is this. MSN Sxxt.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 8:20 PM
  • We are having the same problems....  3 computers, so its not windows, its Microsft...  We will switch to Skype or Gmail....  this is getting verry anoying..
    Monday, February 07, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hello,

did you try to do a repair with windows live messenger and see if it fix the problem?

To do so

• Click on windows start orb and click on computer
    • Then click on uninstall or change program
    • look for Windows live essentials 2011 and click repair at the top of the window

Sincerely hope that this will resolve your problem

Andrew

Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Hello,

did you try to do a repair with windows live messenger and see if it fix the problem?

To do so

• Click on windows start orb and click on computer
    • Then click on uninstall or change program
    • look for Windows live essentials 2011 and click repair at the top of the window

Sincerely hope that this will resolve your problem

Andrew

This didn't do squat for me. I even started Microsoft's Help Center's solution, but it wants me to get into registries and whatnots... Me+computers+fiddling with things I don't know=disaster. WLE2011 is a piece of junk. I hate it with a passion and have had nothing but problem after problem with it. To the developers of WLE2011: YOU'RE ALL A LOT OF IDIOTS.

First it was my display pictures vanishing, now it's my video calls not connecting. WLE2011, rot in hell... >:(

I have WLE2011 version 15.4, running on Vista. I really really wish I could go back to the older version of msn that I had...it worked perfectly :(

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:42 AM
  • You also have the problem of vanishing picutres. Me too I was having the same problem. When I was trying to send a file for transfer, there was no thumnail preview just a blank spot and I wasn't able to know wether my file was being transferred or not. Then after a lot of research I've read that you should always download the latest drivers for your Windows Live Messenger for it to work properly. As it is on my laptop I went on Intel Site and downloaded the latest intel graphic driver and it solved both my cam and my file transfer thumbnail previewing when sending file. Try do go on you OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) site and try to download all the latest drivers available for you PC/Laptop and see if it resolves the problem. Particularly your Graphic Driver.

Hope that this tip will be able to solve your problem,

Andrew

Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:06 AM
  • this is the thing, Bill Gates and his mates have made their money....When they fix it they fix it.  The man on the street just has to bend over and take it.

To everyone who reads this buy a Mac, they are more expensive but infinately more reliable the anything Microsoft

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hi, I had this problem but can get round it, it's not ideal answer but works.

Firstly leave MSN alone lol it not the problem. It's your firewall. give it a go, get a mate ready and then turn off ur firewall and try the cam, it will work.

I'm on virgin and seen there a few with the prob. What we need now is someone who can change the settings so each time we want to go on cam we dont have to turn off the firewall

Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:47 PM
  • you can go to the firewall and let through msn there no need to turn off ^^
    Monday, March 21, 2011 9:58 PM
  •  

To everyone who reads this buy a Mac, they are more expensive but infinately more reliable the anything Microsoft

after having used my first iphone ( IP4) ...  i was hooked on apple

Why cos all the problems i have had with the useless windows based smart phones   that are not that smart

.... DOES NOT EXIST ON A IPHONE so much easyer to work with  ty  APPLE  TEAM

my next laptop will be  A MAC  simple setup  Works Perfect  wish i had taken my mates advise earlyer  and bourgh a mac years ago

Windows Sucks  new  xp vista and 7 all crap updates  ... it took me after reformating my laptop  not kidding a whole fing day to do all the updates asociated with windows vista and  thats on a 1500 k connection  just so i could get messenger again  BLAAAAA

bye windows 

heloo my new freind mac

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Good luck on changing any item in a mac when u want to upgrade.

Rather have a PC then a Mac anyday.

And offcourse u need to update.

Im running my Pc on a 20meg connection. takes max 30 mins to update from start to finish.

My experience with MAc is that the machine runs out of memory just to take out a disc.

(older mac model)

Also don't like ipad cause of the reason that u basicly get told what u can't and what u can download to them.

Gief more freedom.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:10 PM
  • yes this works fine , did repair and worked right away many thx
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:00 AM