locked
Outlook 2010 and Hotmail Connector Task 'xxxxxxxxx@live.com' reported error (0x80004005)

    Question

  • When I installed Office 2010 and the latest Outlook Hotmail connector, I started getting this error message:
    Task 'xxxxxxxxx@live.com' reported error (0x80004005) : 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account.
    Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.  Error: 4203. '

    I 'upgraded' to the latest public beta but the error remains the same.

    I have NO problem with the web interface to my live.com (Hotmail) account

    The mail seems to arrive OK, but I don't know about any other sync that is failing. I do know it's advertised that junk mail settings will be syncronized but they are not.

    I posted this problem to an Outlook forum and had the moderator move it. But after two weeks, there has been no response so I'm trying again here.

    Monday, July 26, 2010 3:00 AM

Answers

  • I had the same error (4203) and solved it by adjusting my junk mail options.  It turned out that somehow I had a safe sender of:

    @cimail15.msn.com

    When I removed this safe sender, the error went away.



    Safe sender lists in 2010 are per account, so make sure you have the inbox of the affected account selected when you select from the ribbon Junk -> Junk E-mail Options.

    The error could also be in the blocked senders list or the safe recipients.  You can export each of these lists, then delete them and see if the error goes away.  If not, re-import them and you've lost nothing.
    • Marked as answer by Jim0607 Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:24 AM
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:18 AM

All replies

  • I was having the same issue after installing Office 2010 Pro and the new Connector VS 14.  The error message showed on all send/receive, however, I was actually receiving all my data.  I tried creating a new profile, then deleting and recreating my hotmail/win live account.  I also checked my settings in hotmail, win live, messenger etc.  After searching the Outlook 2010 site without luck,  I found the actual fix on the Hotmail support site. 

    http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=618dcd05-8494-4827-bba6-8072406b3fb7

    This link allows you setup your account as a Pop3/SMTP account. I prefer this because I can also save my files locally while leaving on the server as well.  After setting up my account as noted in the link, I am no longer receiving the error messages.

    Note: Fix refers to Office 2007 and prior, but it works in 2010

    Hope this helps :>)

    Deb

     

     

    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:42 PM
  • I was having the same issue after installing Office 2010 Pro and the new Connector VS 14.  The error message showed on all send/receive, however, I was actually receiving all my data.  I tried creating a new profile, then deleting and recreating my hotmail/win live account.  I also checked my settings in hotmail, win live, messenger etc.  After searching the Outlook 2010 site without luck,  I found the actual fix on the Hotmail support site. 

    http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=618dcd05-8494-4827-bba6-8072406b3fb7

    This link allows you setup your account as a Pop3/SMTP account. I prefer this because I can also save my files locally while leaving on the server as well.  After setting up my account as noted in the link, I am no longer receiving the error messages.

    Note: Fix refers to Office 2007 and prior, but it works in 2010

    Hope this helps :>)

    Deb

     

     


    It doesn't solve the problem. POP3 doesn't give sync of folder structure, contacts, calendar...
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:41 PM
  • I had the same error (4203) and solved it by adjusting my junk mail options.  It turned out that somehow I had a safe sender of:

    @cimail15.msn.com

    When I removed this safe sender, the error went away.



    Safe sender lists in 2010 are per account, so make sure you have the inbox of the affected account selected when you select from the ribbon Junk -> Junk E-mail Options.

    The error could also be in the blocked senders list or the safe recipients.  You can export each of these lists, then delete them and see if the error goes away.  If not, re-import them and you've lost nothing.
    • Marked as answer by Jim0607 Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:24 AM
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:18 AM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2230602 has more detail as well.
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:23 AM