no display of message in live mail

Question

• I have the following error and have discussed several time with live mail support but after a while they never came back to me despite of several emails I need help, soon outlook express will not be supported and I want to retrieve my hotmail emails!!!:

Windows Live Mail could not download the requested message. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services.

Subject 'Fin de la vente : Brand new 2.3 litre Ford Duratec engine (200176496628)'
    Server Error: 0x8000FFFF
    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8000FFFF

in the email window I can see all the titles but not the body instead there is:

Message could not be displayed

Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Windows Live Mail

Here is the conversation with them (I removed my email):

Hello Renaud,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our response. This is Paul and I am a Subject Matter Expert from Windows Live Mail. Your e-mail was escalated to me and I would like to assist you with your issue on being unable to synchronize your account in Windows Live Mail as you are getting an error. I understand how important it is to have this issue resolved and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and for the delay in answering your e-mail.

Pavel, we appreciate the information that you have provided and have submitted it to our product team. They used it in their investigation and it turned out that there is indeed an issue on getting FFFF error in Windows Live Mail. Since this is a problem that not only one account is affected, we would greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to further investigate on this issue and come up with the appropriate solution.

If you must take any action, such as download an update for the software, we will notify you. However, if no action is needed on your part, we will resolve the problem without further notification.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Mail.

Sincerely,  

Paul V.  
    Windows Live Mail Technical Support

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Monday, March 03, 2008 4:24:01 PM UTC
    To : "
    Subject : RE: SRX1060202537ID - Windows Live MailTongue TiedynchronizationSurprisether errors (please spec

Dear Renaud, 

Thank you for writing back to Windows Live Mail Technical Support. I am Shamy and I have read your e-mail correspondence with my colleagues about your issue on not being able to access your account through Windows Live Mail. I know how convenient this may be for you.

Renaud, I appreciate the feedback you have sent us and after reviewing them, I have determined that we need to engage additional resources to address your issue.  Although I may not be able to get back to your message soon, I would like you to know that this issue has been flagged as "high priority."  I assure you that we are working diligently to have your issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Windows Live Mail.

Sincerely,

Shamy B.

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Monday, March 03, 2008 12:36:13 PM UTC
    To : "Microsoft Customer Support" , "wlmtestmsg@hotmail.com"
    Subject : RE: SRX1060202537ID - Windows Live MailTongue TiedynchronizationSurprisether errors (please spec

From: LV_ML.WNLV.WW.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com
    To:
    CC:
    Subject: RE: SRX1060202537ID - Windows Live MailTongue TiedynchronizationSurprisether errors (please spec
    Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:34:41 +0000

Dear Renaud, 

Thank you for writing back to Windows Live Mail Support. My name is Glenn and I gather that you still are unable to access you messages in your account through Windows Live Mail. I apologize for this issue you are encountering. I can imagine how this may have caused inconvenience and I will do my best to assist.

Renaud, please be guided that we have not received your Windows Live Mail's activity logs. Please refer to the following steps in locating the path where the log files are stored in your computer:

1. In Windows Live Mail, go to "Tools" menu, and then click "Options."

Note: If you do not immediately see the Help menu option, you may press "Alt" in your keyboard to view your Menu bar.  To permanently view your Menu bar, you may check "Show all menus" under your Options drop down menu.  Please be guided that Options drop down menu is located at the upper right part of your page between color menu icon and "?" Help icon.

2. On the "Advanced" tab, click "Maintenance."

3. Under "Cleaning Up Messages," click "Store Folder."

Note: Upon locating the WindowsLiveMail text file, please open the file and save it as a .txt file before attaching it to your reply. Please include a Carbon Copy of your reply to our WLMtestmsg@hotmail.com account.

We look forward to receiving your reply and resolving this issue. We appreciate your continued support and strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Mail. 

Sincerely,

Glenn

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Friday, February 29, 2008 4:06:25 PM UTC
    To : LV_ML.WNLV.WW.00.EN.MSF.SEA.TS.T01.RTG.00.EM
    Subject : Windows Live MailTongue TiedynchronizationSurprisether errors (please spec

Service:
      Windows Live Mail

What type of problem do you have?
    Synchronization [Synchronization]

Other errors (please specify the error number) [Other errors (please specify the error number)]

Be specific when describing your problem. The details that you include enable us to promptly send you the most likely solution to your issue.
       I have latest version of live mail on and after trying the software on different PC I always get the message as follows in the mail area:
    Message could not be displayed
    Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Live Mail

saw on the net that many people have this issue but couldn t find a positive answer...do you have a solution?

If you are having a problem with a specific account, select it here.
       Windows Live Mail [Windows Live Mail]

Where are you using Windows Live Mail?
       Home [Home]

If you have a firewall, which one?

Full Name:
       renaud barbier

What e-mail address would you like a response sent to?

Primary e-mail address/member ID associated with the account you are inquiring about:

Which operating system are you using?Windows Vista: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0)

Which browser are you using: IE7

Type of Support: E-mail Support

Browser Default Language: en-us
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hello all,

I have the same problem you had,

I have dialup connection, my ISP provider is blocked many site and i can connect to it without proxy setting.

When i use a proxy setting i noticed that this problem is solved.

Mybe the cause is a closed port by the ISP provider??? i don't know

try to connect your ISP provider to get their proxy setting .

if this method work please iform me...

Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:07 PM
  • my isp proxy is http://proxy.emirates.net.ae/proxy.pac  I set it up but seems no success.

I trust that using a VPN would solve the issue. just don t want to pay for some VPN to cover MS issues. sure they can short it out...

maybe microsoft shall solve the issue with our ISP Etisalat...

Monday, May 05, 2008 8:10 AM
  • If your ISP give you POP account use the POP server as proxy server and use 80 for the prort, My pop server is mail.aya.sy and this method work for me also, I use dial-up connection and i put those in the connction settings...

I think Microsoft will take a lot of time before solving this problem as it used to do..

Monday, May 05, 2008 8:35 PM
  • this is what is offered by ISP. what do you suggest to do? ps: I have DSL.

Dial-up Access Number 4004444
    Dial-N-Surf Access Number 5005555
    DNS Check on (Obtain an IP Address automatically)
    Manual Proxy Server HTTP: http://proxy1.emirates.net.ae - PORT: 8080
    Automatic Proxy Server http://proxy.emirates.net.ae/proxy.pac
    Mail/POP3 Server mail.emirates.net.ae
    Mail/IMAP4 Server mail.emirates.net.ae
    Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) mail.emirates.net.ae
    POP Account userID@emirates.net.ae where userID is your username
    Email/Return Address userID@emirates.net.ae where userID is your username
    News Server (NNTP) news.emirates.net.ae

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:32 AM
  • try to use mail.emirates.net.ae as proxy and prot 8080 or 80 if this not work then i think we should wait until microsoft solve this error ...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:15 PM