OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Automatic sign-in won't turn off

Question

• I have continually tried to get Windows Messenger to quit signing me in automatically.  I've gone into Options and unchecked the automatically sign-in box, I've gone to the sign-out screen and unchecked the "remember me" box.  I've even gone so far as to select the forget me link.  No matter what I do, everytime I sign into MSN, windows messenger signs me in (and the options that I've de-selected are still de-selected).  This is getting very aggravating, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Stephanie

Monday, November 12, 2007 10:51 PM

All replies

• Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Re: Automatic Sign-in

Greetings Antonio,

To turn off the automatic login, so it can't login by itself, click the Start Button, then
    click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account
    name, and then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
    Passwords'. In the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click
    'Remove'.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

"Antonio" <antoniomorenoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:069901c34425$05a983e0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    > when i installed xp, and the new 4.7 messenger,
    > i somehow clicked the wrong place,and now when i want to
    > start messenger, it automatically signs me in, giving away
    > my privacy to my e-mail address. How do i make my
    > messenger a Manual-log in, another words, that in order
    > to see my e-mails i must put in my password.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:23 PM
  • I have the same problem above.  In my office i got a new computer.  On my internet explorer there was a MSN messenger icon that i clicked. Accidently I linked my email account to this computer.  How do I get it off!  This computer has resticed use meaning i dont think i can uninstall or install a new program. What do I do?
    Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:30 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.