My Msn Space has been hacked and deleted.

Question

• Hi,

I had a blog here:

http://europeanpaulcarr.spaces.live.com .

But, I went to check it this evening and it's gone.

I  get the usual message, "The space you are trying to view is private or might not exist. If you want to request access to view it, type a message below and then click OK."

The thing is I can still log into my account at windows live spaces.

There is an option that says "Create Your Space".  Okay, I click this and, then, I get the message:

"Space Not Available      
    The space you are trying to view may not exist or access to it may be restricted by the person who created the space."

So, not only has my space been deleted but I can't even start a new one to go with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com where I have all my friends on my friends list.  I'm at my wit's end about this.  What can I do?

What's the explanation for this?  My old blog, by the way, I had kept for nearly 2 years and was actively updating it and putting a lot of work into it.  I could access it as recently as yesterday and had updated it only a few days ago.  Now, it's gone.  And, I can't even start a new one with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com .

By the way, I did not delete it by accident.  Someone, it seems, has hacked into it.  I don't know how this person got my password.  And,  this person deleted my blog.  And this person has the technical know-how not only  to delete my blog but to prevent me from starting a  new blog with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com even though I can still log into my windows live spaces account.

Is there any chance I can get my old blog back?  If not, is there any chance I can start a new blog with my existing msn email at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com ?  This is terrible!!  I need someone's help.

Also, how can I change my passport to make it more secure in the future?  Also, might there be a place on the internet where my old blog posts have been archived so that, at least, I can retrieve some of my old work.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Carr
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 5:08 PM

All replies

• Someone has entered my hotmail account on the 19th may 07.

Where do these people get our password from and how come there hasn´t been an announcement from hotmail?

the scary bit is that I keep all my old emails with passwords and so,  stored in my hotmail. take forexample PAYPAL.COM. In my paypal directory all my passwords and creditcard info are available. ouch.

think I will delete all these directories from now on. I never imagined that it was possible to scoop my hotmail password.

hope things work out for you paul Carr..

sincerely

erm. I want to be annonomus 

Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:09 PM
  • Thanks for writing.  Yeah, my blog space is fucked.  What's more, my email at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com is compromised.  Maybe this *** who hacked my account is sending e-mails in my name.  Also, my msn messenger which used the paulcarr2005@hotmail.com is now compromised.  So this *** could be using my msn account to send messages in my name too. So, I'll have to notify all my friends of a change to a new e-mail address and msn messenger address (which will be the same as my e-mail).  Yeah, my plan is to set up a new hotmail e-mail account, a new msn e-mail account and a new msn blog.  I've managed to salvage the last 10 posts of my old blog and also the general format and links et cetera from my old blog from the google cache system.  As soon as I have time, I'll get to work on this.  Of course, I won't be so naive next time.  I'll save all my blog posts to my computer before publishing so that I have a backup.  Also, I'm going to make my next password as complex as hell.  My original was a little simple.

Yeah, I was and am a little scared and shaken by this.  Fucking fuckers.  My old blog had nearly 2 years work put into it.  Almost all gone.  I take my blogging seriously.

All the Best,

Paul Carr
    Monday, May 21, 2007 10:14 AM
  • hey,wats up?

i just wanted to know how you know when someone has my password, i just made a new MSN hotmail account and they've got ahold of it!...and they are saying affending stuff to my contacts which is making people angry

do you know how to found out?

Bro.

Friday, June 01, 2007 12:26 PM
  • Did you get this resolved? I had the exact same thing happen to me. I've had my spaces site for over 2 years now and as of yesterday it's saying the exact same thing as you reported in your first post. I've sent a few messages to support but got nothing back yet. I have hundred's of picture on thereSad I upload new ones a couple times a week. I'm not sure what to do now.
    Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:13 PM
  •  

Add me to this list.  Just tried to get to my space and got the same error message.  I'm pretty darn sure my account hasn't been compromised so don't think this is a hack or anything.

Robert

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:55 AM
  • MY SPACE IS NOT WORKING AND IT SAYS IT IS BLOCKED SO i WANT TO UN BLOCK IT

OK

THANKS

Sunday, July 29, 2007 2:34 AM
  • Key logger

Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:58 PM
  • Friday, October 12, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

I had a blog here:

http://europeanpaulcarr.spaces.live.com .

But, I went to check it this evening and it's gone.

I  get the usual message, "The space you are trying to view is private or might not exist. If you want to request access to view it, type a message below and then click OK."

The thing is I can still log into my account at windows live spaces.

There is an option that says "Create Your Space".  Okay, I click this and, then, I get the message:

"Space Not Available      
    The space you are trying to view may not exist or access to it may be restricted by the person who created the space."

So, not only has my space been deleted but I can't even start a new one to go with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com where I have all my friends on my friends list.  I'm at my wit's end about this.  What can I do?

What's the explanation for this?  My old blog, by the way, I had kept for nearly 2 years and was actively updating it and putting a lot of work into it.  I could access it as recently as yesterday and had updated it only a few days ago.  Now, it's gone.  And, I can't even start a new one with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com .

By the way, I did not delete it by accident.  Someone, it seems, has hacked into it.  I don't know how this person got my password.  And,  this person deleted my blog.  And this person has the technical know-how not only  to delete my blog but to prevent me from starting a  new blog with my msn e-mail at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com even though I can still log into my windows live spaces account.

Is there any chance I can get my old blog back?  If not, is there any chance I can start a new blog with my existing msn email at paulcarr2005@hotmail.com ?  This is terrible!!  I need someone's help.

Also, how can I change my passport to make it more secure in the future?  Also, might there be a place on the internet where my old blog posts have been archived so that, at least, I can retrieve some of my old work.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Carr
    ur lying buddy
    Monday, October 04, 2010 2:09 PM