I need help closing my account

Question

• Just to start off I know how to do it, but I can't get it to work because of this "One or more paid services or a Microsoft Points account is linked to your account. To close this account, make sure each service is canceled and your Microsoft Points account is closed." I've done everything trying to find what is keeping me from closing my account, but I don't know where to look, I don't know if it's an old program that got deleted, or anything along those lines, but I can't find anywhere on the site or messenger that says what I've got linked to this account. Can anyone tell me where I can look? Or what I can do to delete this account? Please Help!
    Friday, January 11, 2008 12:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Everything related to billing and Microsoft Points can be found at http://billing.microsoft.com, I think you'll find what you're looking for there.

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:00 AM
  • It's not actually that easy.  I am having the same issue as the OP.  Even though I have nothing associated with the accoutn I want to close, I still received the same message as the OP.  It would be much easier if you could just close the accounts.  Perhaps there could be some verbiage put in there that if there is active subscription that you will lose access to them.  You should also have the option of moving said subscriptions to another Live ID.  At this point, it's near impossible to cancel or close Live ID's.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:32 AM
  • so with all of this being said, what is the answer????

can i close an email(hotmail) account eventhough that message pops up when trying to "close" the account???? and if so how do i do it???

btw that link address above does not work....

thanks for the help

Friday, January 14, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Having this same issue. Please help!
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:11 AM
  • 3 years later and still no simple solutions.  Exactly why I just purchased a Mac.
    Friday, September 02, 2011 9:39 PM