OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

My hotmail account has been hacked - please help!!

Question

• Hi all

I wonder if someone can please help.  My hotmail account has been hacked on Thursday 13th Jan - and I immediately reported it to hotmail.  I've gone to through the process of filling in the 12 questions regarding my a/c - last date, ip addy, contacts etc - and received an automated response from Hotmail into my new email address to give me a link to a secret forum part where they will respond.  It said it takes up to 24 hours for them to review it - but it's been more than that now and the ticket hasn't been updated.  I can't click respond to email as it says its from an automated email and no replies will be read.

Is there anyway that I can follow this up?  I really need my hotmail a/c back asap as my paypal, ebay and bank are all linked to it.  Whoever has hacked it has already taken over my facebook a/c too and I can't get that back either unless I have access to my hotmail account.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:28 AM

All replies

• Please please please can someone from hotmail look into this for me??  My original email address which is taken over by hackers is *******@hotmail.com and my email address that I've asked for the reset codes to be sent to is ********@hotmail.com

It has now been 36 hours of pure and utter stress.  I have answered all the questions on the "private" forum area, and have even posted a reply stating how long my account has been open etc and folder names.  I cannot answer the secret question as I first set up my hotmail a/c 15 years ago - and the answer that I think is the answer comes back saying incorrect!   I assume whoever hacked into my hotmail a/c has changed my secret question answers.

Please help - these hackers have taken over my facebook a/c using my hotmail a/c - and have been busy in facebook all day removing my friends and family.  This is deeply distressing - and yet no-one seems to be doing anything to help.  Facebook can't help unless I get access to my hotmail a/c back.

Please please please look into this for me.

• Proposed as answer by hellooooo Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:00 PM
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hello everyone my boyfriends hotmail and facebook account have been hacked about one month ago we have done everything the help center says but anfortunately we dont remember some of the answers and some others as like the secret question have been changed by the person so we cant prove that it is my boyfriends account... the thing that realy annoys us is that the person who took it is using it making new friend in facebook and we dont know what he is doing with the hotmail account probably using that one too!! we want to have the account closed or at least some real person to contact us and tell us what to do if we can do anything... its kind of hillarius that a big company as microsoft cant contact by person with her customers... and it is a pitty for us being tricked like that by them!!! We are being abused right infront of our eyes!!! This is not a right way for treating us, as we can see the same problem is for years now they sould had fixed it but instead they just dont even care!!!it is such a pitty!!! If someone figuers it out please inform us so we can get in the account and close it so we can relax at last and enjoy our lifes knowing that our photos and stuff are not exposed!!!Thanks for reading and thanks for the answers we hope to have...
    • Proposed as answer by HEYFDSF Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by HEYFDSF Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:26 PM
    Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:42 AM
  • I am sorry to hear that you have been hacked.  I too, have the same problem.  There is NO WAY to get in touch with microsoft.  I can't even delete the account because the message i get is there are paid accounts linked to my account.  Good luck and if you find a resolution please post so I can follow your lead.  If I get a resolution I will definitely post to help you out.
    hoosieraz
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:21 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.