OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Login to messenger and appear offline automatically?

Question

•  

I am running Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018.

I have my messenger to set to logon when I logon and to sign me in (that works well).

However I can't seem to figure out how to mark myself as "Appear offline" at the sametime (without switching it myself)

Any help would be great.... Thanks

Monday, September 29, 2008 8:49 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This forum is for questions about the Windows Live Messenger Web APIs.  In the future, please contact http://support.live.com for support on using the Windows Live Messenger client.

To answer your specific question,

To set your status, click the arrow button next to Sign in as, and then select the status you want Messenger to display when you sign in.

Kitty Leung

Program Manager

Windows Live Contacts and Messenger Platform

Monday, September 29, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Hi JukeMann,

"Appear Offline" should be one of the options listed under the dropdown.  If you are not seeing this, please contact http://support.live.com

thanks,

Kitty

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:50 AM
  • You need to do one time settings for this
    1. Enter your Username and Password
    2. Set your status as "Appear Offline"
    3. Check all the three Boxes on Sign In Window
            Remember Me
            Remember My Password
            Sign in Automatically

I have checked this on Windows Live Messenger Version 2009.

Amit
    Monday, January 05, 2009 9:26 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

This forum is for questions about the Windows Live Messenger Web APIs.  In the future, please contact http://support.live.com for support on using the Windows Live Messenger client.

To answer your specific question,

To set your status, click the arrow button next to Sign in as, and then select the status you want Messenger to display when you sign in.

Kitty Leung

Program Manager

Windows Live Contacts and Messenger Platform

Monday, September 29, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Thanks I will post there next time.....

However that does not answer my question there is not an option in to sign in as "Apear offline" 

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:29 AM
  • Hi JukeMann,

"Appear Offline" should be one of the options listed under the dropdown.  If you are not seeing this, please contact http://support.live.com

thanks,

Kitty

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:50 AM
  •  

I know exactly what you are talking about. There was a version of msn messenger that would allow you to sign in and immediately set your status too "appear offline" I'm wondering how to do that myself. With the newest messenger from windows live messenger, I can't seem to do that. There is not option it sign in and appear offline.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:12 AM
  • You need to do one time settings for this
    1. Enter your Username and Password
    2. Set your status as "Appear Offline"
    3. Check all the three Boxes on Sign In Window
            Remember Me
            Remember My Password
            Sign in Automatically

I have checked this on Windows Live Messenger Version 2009.

Amit
    Monday, January 05, 2009 9:26 AM
  • This is what I did:

1. Sign off - You get the option to sign in again. Below that there is a link that says "Sign in with a different account or change your online status"
    2. Click on that link - You get a pop up window that with fill-in boxes for your email address and password. Below that you have the option to set your Status to Appear Offline
    3. Sign in - Your status will show you "offline"
    • Proposed as answer by erickd67 Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:05 AM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:05 AM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.