OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

none
Uploads to SkyDrive using REST API Fails

Question

• I have been using the SkyDrive REST API for a while now and have found uploading files is not always a sure thing. Observe the following:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1121896/SkyDrive%20error%20log.png

This is a series of files that I am uploading to skydrive, implemented using the REST API in PHP CURL. I log the server response when there is a failure. All files use the exact same method of uploading, and when there is a failure I use a 30 second wait and try again just to be sure. I don't know what else I can say about it since the file-name is no different from the other files previous. This seems to happen often when I am trying to move a lot of files, and I don't see any pattern to these failures. If anyone could give me any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.

My client_id is : 00000000440BD402

----

Mark

Monday, June 11, 2012 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

I lost the logs that would've told me the file names unfortunately. If you run into the problem again please let me know and I can help you out.

In the meantime, I've fixed the problem that was causing the accessing of those files to fail and it should be deployed with our next service upgrade.

I do not think we have a public date for this set but I believe you could expect to see it fixed within a couple of months time. That's an unfortunately long amount of time and I apologize for that, but like I said, if there's anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know and I'll be happy to help where I can.

Thank you,

Matt

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

I did get your client ID from the previous thread and have started taking a look at our server logs for these errors.

There is more than one type of error on our service that you're exposing. I'm still sorting through them, but it seems one of the largest ones is that you seem to have a photo that has either a non-zero latitude or longitude but the other one is either zero or missing. This is a scenario which is failing our parsing code. I have filed a bug on the issue and we'll have it fixed as soon as we can. I'm still sorting through the logs to see if you were hitting any other errors.

If you would like, I can post the name of the photo so you can remove it as a workaround.

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your response.

You can post the names of the file, but I think if that happened once (its from my phone) that it could happen again. It isn't only my transfer I would be worried about, its our clients as well. I think I will just wait for word on a fix so I can test it again.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do at this time.

--
    Mark

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:59 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I lost the logs that would've told me the file names unfortunately. If you run into the problem again please let me know and I can help you out.

In the meantime, I've fixed the problem that was causing the accessing of those files to fail and it should be deployed with our next service upgrade.

I do not think we have a public date for this set but I believe you could expect to see it fixed within a couple of months time. That's an unfortunately long amount of time and I apologize for that, but like I said, if there's anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know and I'll be happy to help where I can.

Thank you,

Matt

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:17 AM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.