Discuss technical content and implementation of the Exchange and Outlook protocols described in the Open Specifications
Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) version 1.0 is available for download
The Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) is a command-line tool that can parse network captures and interpret remote procedure calls made from a client to Microsoft Exchange . RPX uses the information provided in the Microsoft Exchange protocol documentation to parse RPCs, remote operations (ROPs), and the parameters for each ROP.
Download is available at the Microsoft Download Center found here.
Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites Release -- November 2012
The Office Interoperability team is pleased to announce the release of the Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites. The test suites are designed in a client-to-server relationship and were originally developed for the in-house testing of the Microsoft Open Specifications. The test suites have been used extensively during Plugfests and Interoperability Labs to test partner implementations and are now available on MSConnect for public download. Test suites test the server-side implementation of the Open Specification protocol, as specified in Open Specification documentation, by acting as a synthetic client.
Currently the Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites support the ten RPC based Exchange protocols listed in the table below. Want to learn more about the Test Suites? You can watch a video from one of our recent events that provides an overview of what is included in the test suite package. As always, if you have any questions or issues please reach out to the support team in this forum or through Email at dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com.
The Test Suites are openly available (with Microsoft account) on MSConnect and are contained within the “Microsoft Open Specifications Test Tools” program. All you need to do is to simply "join" the program and go to the downloads page to get access.
MSDN Exchange Server Protocols Release Notes — February 2013
MSDN Exchange Server Protocols Release Notes — February 2013
Exchange Server Protocol Documents links:
Exchange Server and Outlook Standards links:
- Full documentation set (ZIP): Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook Standards Documentation
- Summary of changes (PDF): [MS-STANOXCHGTR]
Information for Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013
For the October 2012 refresh, the Exchange Server Protocols documents were updated to include applicability and implementation details for Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013. For information about differences between versions, see the behavior notes that are included in the Product Behavior appendix of each document.
Information for other Microsoft products
For the October 2012 refresh, the appropriate documents were updated to include applicability and implementation details for Microsoft® Lync®, Microsoft® SharePoint® Products and Technologies, Windows®, Windows® Communication Apps, and Windows Server®. For information about differences between versions, see the behavior notes that are included in the Product Behavior appendix of each document.
Title changes for all documents that are about Exchange ActiveSync and in the documentation set
The prefix “Exchange ActiveSync” was added to the title of each document that specifies an Exchange ActiveSync protocol. The new titles better reflect that Exchange ActiveSync is the applicable technology for those documents.
The following document was removed from the documentation set and added to the Exchange Server Protocols archive:
- [MS-OXWSAUTID]: Authentication Identification Extension. This extension was implemented but never used by any applicable products.
The following known issues exist in the February 2013 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
- For optimal readability of the PDF documents, we recommend that they be opened and viewed by using Adobe Reader 10.0.
- Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the
default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9.
To access links, perform the following procedure:
- In Adobe Reader 9, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- In the Categories list, click Documents.
- Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Documentation
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Protocol Documentation
The Microsoft Exchange Server protocols documentation provides detailed technical specifications for Microsoft proprietary protocols (including extensions to industry-standard or other published protocols) used by Microsoft Exchange Server to communicate with other Microsoft products.
Click here to go to the download page for the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 protocol documentation PDF files.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standards Documentation
The Exchange Server Standards Documents describe Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 support for industry messaging standards and Requests for Comments (RFCs) related to iCalendar, IMAP4, and POP3.
Click here to go to the download page for the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standards Documentation PDF files.
필터링 및 정렬토론 목록의 범위를 좁히려면 이러한 옵션을 사용하십시오.
- 03455Alex MorrillMicrosoft Employee2011년 12월 15일 목요일 오후 6:38
- 07520Alex MorrillMicrosoft Employee2010년 9월 9일 목요일 오후 10:26
- 4109pankaj.k 2013년 5월 9일 목요일 오후 4:11
- 154Steve Cheung 2013년 5월 22일 수요일 오후 4:12
- 81087NielsS 2013년 1월 7일 월요일 오전 8:55
- 156AnandhiGanesh 2013년 5월 16일 목요일 오전 7:43
- 5166Cosmo Kramer 2013년 5월 1일 수요일 오후 2:56
- 2122ManishJaswal 2013년 5월 7일 화요일 오전 11:46
- 10294Haetti 2013년 4월 3일 수요일 오후 3:23
- 188Dhiren-Patel 2013년 4월 30일 화요일 오전 7:11
- 1111Goutham1 2013년 4월 29일 월요일 오후 11:34
- 8256Péter Réfi 2013년 4월 4일 목요일 오전 8:21
- 2119SomnathPanja 2013년 4월 23일 화요일 오전 8:52
- 134161Sameers Javed 2011년 7월 1일 금요일 오전 6:11
- 197krunal89 2013년 4월 23일 화요일 오후 3:46
- 1107krunal89 2013년 4월 23일 화요일 오후 3:20
- 1120rmgs123 2013년 4월 22일 월요일 오전 5:32
- 1112SomnathPanja 2013년 4월 16일 화요일 오전 9:15
- 0118wlai 2013년 4월 15일 월요일 오후 9:43
- 4493Sagar T U 2013년 2월 21일 목요일 오전 6:29
- 7575Steven_Ng 2013년 3월 6일 수요일 오전 10:09
- 5527rkarr 2013년 2월 19일 화요일 오후 4:15