AlwaysOn on Virtual m/c

질문

• I wanted to understand the difference in setting up the Always on high availability feature on Physical infrastructure Vs Virtual environment ( VMWare ESX).

2012년 2월 7일 화요일 오후 4:32

모든 응답

• I am not so sure what you are aiming at... The setup is pretty much the same....
    2012년 2월 13일 월요일 오전 6:48
  • I have used Hyper-V machine to setup AlwaysOn. I created 5 machines: 1 DC, 4 Nodes.

It was a smooth process. What is the error you are facing?

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter

2012년 2월 13일 월요일 오전 6:52
  • Hi Satish,

from an Always On point of view the setup is exactly the same.

Regards

Régis

2012년 2월 14일 화요일 오전 8:06
  • There is no diff  wrt to AlwaysOn. however, there are some limitations about the # of CPUs that the SQL can recongize between physical and virtual servers.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Goden Yao[MSFT] 2012년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 8:05
    2012년 2월 14일 화요일 오후 7:18
  • Here's E2E video tutorial I created to evaluate W2008R2 + SQL denali CTP1

Prepare one box Virtual lab to evaluate SQL Server Denali Always-ON Features

For latest on Windows server 8 Hyper-V and SQL 2012 RTM test lab see latest series on www.sqlfeatures.com

Windows Server 8 Hyper-V Lab boot from VHD

Prakash Heda | Sr Infrastructure DBA | Advent Software | http://www.sqlfeatures.com

2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오전 12:37