none
Very strange error, converted Parallel / Async Test 4.0 project ref to 4.5

질문

• Very strange error, converted Parallel / Async Test 4.0 project ref to 4.5 and worked, but now suddenly getting errors below, seems to be async keyword or am I still refrencing the wrong Libs?

Could not load type 'VB$IStateMachine' from assembly 'Tridex Async Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

2011년 9월 20일 화요일 오전 9:29

답변

• You can try this code (after translating it to VB) somewhere in your program to dump the assemblies that are currently loaded. See if there is a version or a path that doesn't match the rest.

using System;

using System.Reflection;

namespace Test

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

foreach (var asm in AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies())

{

Console.WriteLine("FullName={0}\nCodeBase={1}\n", asm.FullName, asm.CodeBase);

}

}

}

}

Zlatko Michailov

Software Development Engineer, Parallel Computing Platform

Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오후 4:16

모든 응답

• Hi. This doesn’t look like a TPL Dataflow-related issue since Dataflow did not exist in .NET 4. Can you provide some context what your app was doing in .NET 4 and how you ported it to .NET 4.5? So we can redirect your question to the right forum. Thanks.

Zlatko Michailov

Microsoft Corp.

2011년 9월 21일 수요일 오후 5:26
  • I assume you have found the answer to your question elsewhere. I'm closing this thread.
    2011년 9월 27일 화요일 오후 4:02
  • hi ,

No I still hjave the same problem as described,

I have had to remove the ASYNC KEYWORD from all function being tested, Its really strange , all other threading functionality works from the converted 4.0 projects to 4.5, but the ASYNC KEYWORD just keeps giving me this!! is it a version conflict as I have visual studio 4.0 and 4.5 installed on the same system, usually never had issues, but hey?

Could not load type 'VB$IStateMachine' from assembly 'Tridex Async Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

BIRZZARE!!!!

Thanks for looking at it, but its really frustrating, ans suprised no one else seems to be getting problem ...

.. Tridex ..

.. Tridex ...
    2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오전 11:59
  • You can try this code (after translating it to VB) somewhere in your program to dump the assemblies that are currently loaded. See if there is a version or a path that doesn't match the rest.

using System;

using System.Reflection;

namespace Test

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

foreach (var asm in AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies())

{

Console.WriteLine("FullName={0}\nCodeBase={1}\n", asm.FullName, asm.CodeBase);

}

}

}

}

Zlatko Michailov

Microsoft Corp.

2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오후 4:16
  • Thanks for your reply, I will give your sample a try from above, but I have use Process Explorer to reference the assemblies, and as you know its quite detail on reporting, and states that the .exe is using System. Threading references the 4.5 Lib / Directories.

I don't know if Visual studio is getting confused with the side by side installation with version 4.0 and the ASYNC CTP, but will try a virtual machine install with win7 / win 8 developer preview, and up dater you on what I find...

Thanks Guys,

And keep up the good work...

.. Tridex ...
    2011년 9월 29일 목요일 오전 10:57