none
Device Emulator Storage Card Disappears on Soft Reset

질문

• I'm having problems with my device emulator.  I have a shared folder on my computer linked as a storage card on the device emulator.  I can see the storage card and copy files to/from it, but when I am forced to do a soft reset after installing a program, I can no longer see my storage card.  I have tried the emulator which comes with Visual Studio 2005, as well as the stand-alone device emulators 1.0 and 2.0 beta.  Does anyone know what causes this?  Thanks for your help.
    2006년 6월 20일 화요일 오전 12:59

답변

• This is a known bug in the CE drivers that implement folder sharing.  It will be fixed in newer Windows Mobile OS releases, but there are no plans to re-release WM 5.0 or 2003SE OS images with the fix.

Barry

2006년 6월 20일 화요일 오후 6:34

모든 응답

• This is a known bug in the CE drivers that implement folder sharing.  It will be fixed in newer Windows Mobile OS releases, but there are no plans to re-release WM 5.0 or 2003SE OS images with the fix.

Barry

2006년 6월 20일 화요일 오후 6:34
  • Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but is there a workaround for this issue? Or is this fixed in the V3 Standalone Emulator?

2008년 3월 3일 월요일 오후 8:16
  • I have noticed this same problem.  This is especially vexing when I am trying to install .NET Compact Framework.

When the installation gets to the point where it offers to reset your device, go to the Emulator's "File -->Save State and Exit" menu item, and save/exit.  This will not disrupt the install, since it is complete, but it will save the current state, including the shared folder connection.

I have also found that it is a good idea to save a "good" copy of your State file.  If you've lost Shared folder connection, nothing short of a hard reset will bring it back.  If you have a good State file handy, replace the current State with the good one, and start the emulator again.  It will come back with the shared folder/storage card OK.

I launch the standalone emulator from a batch file, which has instructions to first back up the state file.  The previous backup is itself renamed as backup2 first, so I have two generations of backup state data before launching the emulator.  This way, I don't have to worry too much about messing up.

It took me forever to work this out!
    • 답변으로 제안됨 GrahamD 2009년 2월 11일 수요일 오전 9:00
    2008년 5월 13일 화요일 오후 3:33
  • This is exactly what I was looking for! I'm sure it will work. :)

Thank you, Daniel Kim!
    2009년 2월 11일 수요일 오전 9:01
  • very interesting...
    2012년 2월 20일 월요일 오후 10:38