none
Dll base address

질문

• I've tried to optimize some dll base addresses and it seams that the rewriter is not coping the value (resetting it to default 0x400000).

Version is 1.4.50327.0

2012년 7월 31일 화요일 오전 9:01

답변

• Thanks! I got the mail. The setting is hidden behind the "Advanced" button in the Build pane of the project properties, which is why I hadn't seen it before. The current rewriter is based on an old version of an infrastructure that always sets the base address to the same constant. We are in the process of porting the rewriter to a new version of the infrastructure. I have verified that the new infrastructure does the right thing here and keeps the base address of the assembly it is rewriting. So I'm afraid this is going to have to wait until we get the rewriter finished and published. Unfortunately, I do not have a firm date for that yet, but it should be soon.

Mike Barnett

2012년 8월 3일 금요일 오전 12:09

모든 응답

• Sorry about that! Can you send me a repro? (Or just tell me how you set the dll base address.)

Mike Barnett

2012년 8월 1일 수요일 오후 5:25
  • I was thinking about rebasing the dll's too. The option is under Project Properties->Build->Advanced ^^
    2012년 8월 2일 목요일 오전 8:36
  • I've sent an email to codconfb ...
    2012년 8월 2일 목요일 오전 8:51
  • Thanks! I got the mail. The setting is hidden behind the "Advanced" button in the Build pane of the project properties, which is why I hadn't seen it before. The current rewriter is based on an old version of an infrastructure that always sets the base address to the same constant. We are in the process of porting the rewriter to a new version of the infrastructure. I have verified that the new infrastructure does the right thing here and keeps the base address of the assembly it is rewriting. So I'm afraid this is going to have to wait until we get the rewriter finished and published. Unfortunately, I do not have a firm date for that yet, but it should be soon.

Mike Barnett

2012년 8월 3일 금요일 오전 12:09