Re-exploring a model from command line?

질문

• Hi

I'm trying to use the SpecExplorer.exe file to explore my model. However, sometimes I run into problems because Spec Explorer doesn't know my model has been updated. From within VS I can simply use Re-explore - how can I do the same thing from command line?

Thanks,

Simon

2011년 6월 23일 목요일 오후 6:59

답변

• Hi, Simon,

If you type SpecExplorer.exe, you will find the help information (for 3.5 version), I pasted some related to Re-explore:

/ReExplore:             Indicate whether force re-explore the given machine or
                            not.
                            (default is false; Short Form: '/re')

So you can use this switch to re-explore the model.

Furthermore, i am wondering the case that Spec Explorer cannot detect the update, can you send me your repro project to xiangli@microsoft.com ?

Thanks,

Xiang

2011년 6월 30일 목요일 오전 3:51

모든 응답

• Hi Simon,

a work-around is to add a part to your command line script that deletes certain files in your Spec Explorer project (in \bin, \obj or \ExplorationResults).
    I used this simple solution for a similar problem, but I don't know the real root cause.

Maybe someone else knows more about it.

P.S.: If binaries in \bin and \obj are deleted, a new build with Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe in your command line script would also be necessary for exploration. 
    2011년 6월 27일 월요일 오전 7:58
  • Hi, Simon,

If you type SpecExplorer.exe, you will find the help information (for 3.5 version), I pasted some related to Re-explore:

/ReExplore:             Indicate whether force re-explore the given machine or
                            not.
                            (default is false; Short Form: '/re')

So you can use this switch to re-explore the model.

Furthermore, i am wondering the case that Spec Explorer cannot detect the update, can you send me your repro project to xiangli@microsoft.com ?

Thanks,

Xiang

2011년 6월 30일 목요일 오전 3:51