none
People Picker Auto Verify After Postback

질문

• we have encountered a strange behaviour of People Picker (SharePoint 2010 + Infopath 2010). Normally we need to click "Check Names" on the verify button in order to detect the user entered in the people picker. This is the behaviour we expect of infopath and SharePoint.
    However if there is any postback triggered of a control in the infopath, the people picker will then auto verify the user name (without click on the verify button). How we can do to prevent the auto verify user name of people picker?

This happens also when I do some click on another button / links that will do a postback to the server, anything that postback to the server, then the InfoPath will auto-verify if we type on the People Picker. So not always click on "Check Names".

"Jangan bertanya seberapa besar mimpi yang akan kau raih, tetapi bertanyalah seberapa besar dirimu untuk mimpi itu"
      http://otak-otak-it.blogspot.com  
    Click Propose as Answer if you found out that the answer is helpful.

2012년 6월 5일 화요일 오전 8:48

답변

• Hi Radityo,

Thank you for the clarification - this clarifies my understanding and changes my thought process. What options have you set in the SharePoint list for these People Picker controls? (i.e are they required, multiple selections, etc?) Here is what I notice: if I leave the default settings after adding these 2 columns, I cannot reproduce the behavior you describe. However, if I enable the option that they are "required" then whenever I "tab" (or click) out of the control, a postback is executed. Is this what you see? What I am not able to reproduce is getting a postback to occur after just typing 1-2 characters in the 2nd control...I have to leave that control to get the postback to occur.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath and SharePoint Designer Online Community Support

2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오후 1:43

모든 응답

• Hi Radityo,

There is not an option to control when the People Picker control will validate the name entered/selected in the control. Whenever a postback on the page occurs, everything that has happened since the last postback (or since the form was opened) is sent to the server and part of this will be validating the name in the People Picker control.

Scott

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath and SharePoint Designer Online Community Support

2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오후 1:34
  • Thanks for the reply, Scott. But we still can't understand your statement.

Let us explain the details first. When we put 2 People Picker control on InfoPath form and attach it to the SharePoint List, and when we open / create things from that list, it will open the InfoPath form which we're created before. After we type the name and click "Check Names", InfoPath will do a postback process to verify the text, right? This one is OK, and the text can be verified. But, the problem is, when we type the text just for 1 or 2 characters on the next People Picker (remember, we've put 2 People Picker control), it will AUTO-verify WITHOUT clicking "Check Names". It's a different behavior with the first People Picker, when it allows us to type it first, and then click "Check Names" to verify. But not with the second People Picker (without requiring to click "Check Names" button).

Then we realized this is the postback issue, when we tried to add one button, and click that button (which will do the postback), and tried to type 1 or 2 characters at the FIRST people picker, it'll AUTO-verify also without clicking "Check Names" button.

But you're saying that this behavior is normal, am I correct? Everything that has happened since the last postback is sent to server, it'll validate again every character I put on the another people picker control, right?

Thanks in advance, and need confirmation. Also, is there any KB regarding this issue?

"Jangan bertanya seberapa besar mimpi yang akan kau raih, tetapi bertanyalah seberapa besar dirimu untuk mimpi itu"
      http://otak-otak-it.blogspot.com  
    Click Propose as Answer if you found out that the answer is helpful.

2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오전 3:47
  • Hi Radityo,

Thank you for the clarification - this clarifies my understanding and changes my thought process. What options have you set in the SharePoint list for these People Picker controls? (i.e are they required, multiple selections, etc?) Here is what I notice: if I leave the default settings after adding these 2 columns, I cannot reproduce the behavior you describe. However, if I enable the option that they are "required" then whenever I "tab" (or click) out of the control, a postback is executed. Is this what you see? What I am not able to reproduce is getting a postback to occur after just typing 1-2 characters in the 2nd control...I have to leave that control to get the postback to occur.

Thanks,

Scott

2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오후 1:43