none
Use SharePoint 2010 to administer a series of internal training courses?

질문

• We have a series of courses that we've created for internal employee training. The courses consist of Videos, powerpoints, pdfs, and html content. Any employee can take any course. We need to be able to track who has taken a course. It doesn't need to be a full blown LMS, but I need to have a limited amount of tracking functionality. No grades, or exams. Just need to know who has taken the course.

Any thoughts on how we can best use SharePoint 2010 to administer the courses. How do I allow users to self-register for the course? Once registered, how do we give the user access to the course automatically? How do we get a list/report of users that have registered for the course? How do we know that the user has completed the course?

Thanks in advance.

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오후 6:28

답변

• I don't think you can achieve all that using OOTB features. You may have to create some custom features.

Document sets might be a good option to store your course materials since it looks like you have multiple types of files per course. You can then use an InfoPath form associated with a custom workflow to manage the registration, completion and metrics requirements for each Document Set, and keep track of your required metrics as properties of the Doc Set.

There are of course lots of other ways this can be done.

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오후 8:30

모든 응답

• I don't think you can achieve all that using OOTB features. You may have to create some custom features.

Document sets might be a good option to store your course materials since it looks like you have multiple types of files per course. You can then use an InfoPath form associated with a custom workflow to manage the registration, completion and metrics requirements for each Document Set, and keep track of your required metrics as properties of the Doc Set.

There are of course lots of other ways this can be done.

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오후 8:30
  • Thanks for the response. I'm looking into Document Sets now. Def sounds like something we can use to group course materials together.

Thanks!

2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오후 2:02