Install TFS 2010 with SQL Server Express and Reporting Services

질문

• Hi,

I try to install TFS 2008 with SQL Server Express,

If I install TFS with "basic" mode, it's work.

If I install TFS with "Single Server Standard," I have an error "Configuration Database" (error code TF255142)

Is it possible to install TFS with Reporting Services on SQL Server Express?

• 편집됨 Atmeitsatme 2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 8:19
    2011년 11월 18일 금요일 오전 10:44

답변

• Hi Atmeitsatme,

Thanks for the post. TFS 2010 can be installed with SQL 2008 Express as a Basic installation (Without Reporting). If you want to enable the Reporting feature in TFS, then you need SQL reporting Services and SQL Analysis service. TFS reports cannot work without SQL analysis service. Now, SQL Express edition comes only in two flavours, SQL Database engine and SQl Reports. No Analysis services feature available in Express edition.

TFS comes with a license for SQL std edition, if you have accured TFS from MSDN. That will allow you install SQL std edition.

Hope this helps!

ArunRama, TFS Installation and Setup team. Microsoft GTSC is hiring for TFS support team. If interested, please mail me at itsarunmcp@hotmail.com
    • 답변으로 표시됨 Atmeitsatme 2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오후 1:50
    2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 11:48

모든 응답

• Hello Atmeitsatme,

Yes, it is possible for you to install TFS2008 with SQL Server Express Reporting Service. You can refer to the TFS2008 installation guide for more information about installing TFS2008:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15743

And could you please offer me the detailed error messages you got? And you can also refer to the following two links which discusses the similar issue as you:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/tfssetup/thread/494a0753-c128-49a0-967d-32e27de5bb87

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/tfssetup/thread/5eefe82c-12c6-4d0b-95c1-25a9831dd124

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 4:38
  • Hello Vicky Song,

Thanks for your answer, but I'm mistaked in my first post, I want to install TFS 2010 with SQL Server 2008 Express.

I search but I don't install SQL Server Reporting Services on the express edition (I don't have choice "Analysis Services", "Reporting Services" in feature selection).

You can confirm that ?

• 편집됨 Atmeitsatme 2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 8:12
    2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 8:11
  • Hi Atmeitsatme,

Thanks for the post. TFS 2010 can be installed with SQL 2008 Express as a Basic installation (Without Reporting). If you want to enable the Reporting feature in TFS, then you need SQL reporting Services and SQL Analysis service. TFS reports cannot work without SQL analysis service. Now, SQL Express edition comes only in two flavours, SQL Database engine and SQl Reports. No Analysis services feature available in Express edition.

TFS comes with a license for SQL std edition, if you have accured TFS from MSDN. That will allow you install SQL std edition.

Hope this helps!

ArunRama, TFS Installation and Setup team. Microsoft GTSC is hiring for TFS support team. If interested, please mail me at itsarunmcp@hotmail.com
    • 답변으로 표시됨 Atmeitsatme 2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오후 1:50
    2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오전 11:48
  • Thank you, ArunRama, it's going to simplify my setup !
    2011년 11월 21일 월요일 오후 1:51
  • There is the: 

SQL Server Express with Advanced Services Features

SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services provides the following capabilities in addition to the features that are available in SQL Server 2008 Express:

• Basic installation of SQL Server Management Studio, a graphical management tool that makes it easy to manage and administer SQL Server Express databases.

• Reporting Services.

• BI Development Studio. This provides an integrated report creation and design environment to create reports.

• Full-text Search, a powerful search engine for searching text-intensive data.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365248.aspx

2012년 3월 9일 금요일 오후 1:35