none
Site creation error when created from site template in SharePoint 2010

질문

• HI,

I migrated a MOSS 2007 site having some master lists. Those lists have  afew columns inculding some lookup columns and data filled in those columns. Post migration to SharePOint 2010 environmnet, I found everything Ok. I took a template which appeared in the solution gallery. I then tried to create a new site using the template and it thorwn below error:

System.Runtime.Interopservice.COMException: <nativehr>0x8107058a</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>Value does not fall within expected range.

More detailed stack trace is attached to this in the form of an image. Please let me know what would be the resolution of this issue. Error Stack Trace

Regards

Dillip

2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오후 2:22

모든 응답

• Hi,

I cannot see the error message clearly from the image you attached.

Please check ULS log to find more infomation about this issue.

Form the error message Value does not fall within expected range, the issue may be caused by a column value in a list. Please check the lists in the site template, try to delete the list.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

2012년 6월 14일 목요일 오전 3:14
  • Hi,
    We have created a cascaded lookup column which refers to a list having text value. When ever we try to create a site using template the below method throws "System.ArgumentException" error. Please find the screenshots attached below:

In the first picture the values passed from the source list to cascadded lookup is 'D1", but the lookup ID is not coming within the value. hence the exception is coming. the SPLookupfieldValue mechanixm is changed in SharePoint 2010 from MOSS. Is there a way out?

Regards

Dillip

2012년 6월 14일 목요일 오전 11:31
  • Hi,

Please find the detailed Stack trace below:

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8107058a): <nativehr>0x8107058a</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>Value does not fall within the expected range.]

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) +0

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) +172

[SPException: Value does not fall within the expected range.]

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx) +27713762

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) +28109507

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate) +1218

Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickerUtil.ApplyWebTemplateAndRedirect(SPWeb Web, String strWebTemplate, Nullable`1 bSharedNav, Boolean bOnTopNav, Boolean bOnQuickLaunch, Page page, Boolean bDeleteOnError) +1870

Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.NewSubwebPage.BtnCreateSubweb_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +830

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +115

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

2012년 6월 14일 목요일 오후 12:44
  • hi,

did you ever get a fix for this or find out what was going on. im experiencing the same and cannot seem to find any other details online.

Thanks

2012년 10월 30일 화요일 오후 1:58