none
Visual Studio 2013

질문

• Is there any plan to release SSDT for VS2013 ?

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

2013년 9월 11일 수요일 오전 11:38

답변

모든 응답

• Yes, SSDT will be included in Visual Studio 2013. 
    2013년 9월 11일 수요일 오후 5:28
    소유자
  • Yes, SSDT will be included in Visual Studio 2013. 

I've had an issue with opening an EDMX in 2013, I'm getting an Invalid Type Cast error when attempting to merely open the model.  I've tried repairing and that didn't resolve it. :(
    2013년 9월 11일 수요일 오후 8:35
  • I don't think this is the right forum for EDMX issues. I advise posting your question on the http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetentityframework forum instead. 
    2013년 9월 12일 목요일 오전 1:26
    소유자
  • Just installed Visual Studio 2013, and it is unable to open *.dtproj saying they are incompatible.  These were most recently saved with the latest version of SSDT in Visual Studio 2012.  Please advise.
    2013년 10월 19일 토요일 오전 1:15
  • I just installed VS2013 Pro released version (full install) and loaded a VS2012 solution that includes an SSRS project. The SSRS project wouldn't load. Where are the SSDT projects for VS2013?
    2013년 10월 19일 토요일 오전 3:35
  • I have the same experience as the previous 2 posters - I installed the final release of Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate and cannot open *.dtproj and *.smproj projects.  Is there something else I need to install for SSDT-BI project support in VS2013?

- David McClelland

• 편집됨 David McClelland 2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 3:34 clarification of which SSDT components
    2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 1:45
  • Kevin, I do see the base SSDT support in VS2013.  But when people refer to SSDT they typically mean not just SSDT but also SSDTBI.  When will support for SSDTBI in VS2013 be released?
    2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 2:01
  • SSDT and SSDT-BI are actually two different products. This forum is for SSDT, which is targeted at database developers. It is included as standard in Visual Studio 2013, but does not include the business intelligence projects and templates.

For SSDT-BI I recommend posting questions on the SSIS Forum. That's where you can get information about their plans for integration into the latest versions of Visual Studio. My understanding is that they do not have a Visual Studio 2013 offering right now, but you can get confirmation of this and details of any future plans in that forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 5:06
    소유자
  • Kevin,

I want you to read your answer back out loud to yourself and really try to not laugh.  Do you not realize just how ridiculous this sounds?  We finally had perfect support for doing SSIS/SSRS/SSAS work in Visual Studio, and now a new release breaks that support once again.  This was obfuscated by the fact that you think "SQL Server Data Tools" and "SQL Server Data Tools - Business Intelligence" are two completely separate products.

Does Microsoft still really wonder why there is such a mass exodus away from their products?

Unfortunately, I recognize that when it comes to developer support and customer service that Microsoft is completely inept.  As such, I will be sure to do as you say and raise this issue in some other forum so we can get the same kind of backwards response as your own.  Some advice, not that Microsoft will take it, is to GO GET THE ANSWER YOURSELF and then provide it here, rather than forcing the customer to do YOUR JOB.  This is how "normal" companies do business.

Enjoy your demise,

Joe

2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 5:13
  • Thanks for the clarification Kevin.

To the users out there:  I have submitted a Connect suggestion to request this functionality - you can vote for it if you think this would be useful:

SSDT-BI: Add Visual Studio 2013 support to SQL Server Data Tools for Business Intelligence

2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 5:26
  • I share Joe's view that expecting developers to stay up to date on each piece of each tool is inconvenient. I preferred Microsoft's old approach where development tool updates were rolled out on a consistent basis. I realize that slows the release and makes Microsoft's job harder since release is gated by the slowest tool development, but it makes development workstation setup so much easier that I would much prefer that. I don't like having to keep track of where to get which new version and which VS to use for each development task and how to keep each piece updated. I don't like needing multiple VS versions. I don't like having to install older VS versions on a new workstation. I don't like having multiple Help versions, each needing to be kept updated, since each VS version seems to require its own help system.

As Joe says, it's especially confusing that SSDT comes in two pieces which are independently installed and updated, and hosted in different VS versions. Please don't unify tool names when the code is independent! Masquerading as a single tool in name only is what requires the rather silly explanation that SSDT and SSDT-BI are different. If the names didn't sound the same, we might more easily realize they were different.

Paul

2013년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 5:33
  • Much appreciated your answer Kevin, I'm aware that you are the wrong person here to blame. So please don't take it personal. However I hope that maybe one of the persons in charge may read these messages. Again and again MSFT breaks the BI integration into Visual Studio, this pain goes on for years now. Maybe its time for them to realize how real world developers work and maybe have an understanding for them that they don't care how MSFT is internally organized. If it's called SSDT its for me one product and if I use VS to use SSDT I want seamless integration from day one of the release of VS. Having to go to MS Connect to request that this stuff works as expected can't be true in 2013.

Would be nice if SSDT-BI could get their own forum, going to SSIS when looking for SSDT-BI, mmmmhhhh

2013년 12월 4일 수요일 오후 3:14