- I need to import data from an Access Database and generate metrics / charts based on it
- Business Connectivity Services is not available to me
- Data needs to be as "real time" as possible
- Access Services is not turned on
- Performance Point / SQL Server 2012 - not turned on
My only thought: Somehow "link" the pre-existing Access tables into a number of lists on the site collection. I could then utilize those lists to generate metrics using chart web part / data view web part.
- MS Access only "links" to lists that are already on SharePoint
- Tables within MS Access can be "exported" to SharePoint but no relationship is maintained
- Exporting an existing list and then "linking" to it creates a new table and does not maintain the relationship with the existing table.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Please check the following article about How to Synchronize Excel 2010 + SharePoint 2010 List with Excel 2007 Add-In, you need to move your Access data to the Excel file previously,
TechNet Community Support
Bummer; it would be nice to retain all the client functionality in the existing database without having to export and rebuild it.
But I do appreciate the response!
- 編集済み Shrout1 2012年8月3日 12:45