Did you ever make any progress with this question? Have you tried to re-implement a ScriptSharp type converter in Roslyn? Is it possible at this time?
Anyway, if you're interested in trying out an early cut and providing some feedback, I should have something available soon.
That's really interesting stuff. I've been looking into the feasibility of this kind of solution today and as you seem to have demonstrated, it is eminently doable and the restrictions Script# could be bypassed (though hats off to Nikhilk).
I'd love to have a look when you've got something available. But I'd also be interested to know where you've hit problems as a result of the Roslyn limitations as I'm going to have a day prototyping something tomorrow.
p.s. I've just found this which looks interesting. It's not you is it?
That's not me, but that indeed looks interesting. It seems a lot of work has been put into it already.
As far as Roslyn limitations, I'm mostly referring to parts of the language that haven't been implemented yet. You can find a list of what parts are not implemented for the October CTP in one of the sticky posts at the top of the forum. And I've hit a couple of oddities that I traced back to bugs that have already been submitted.
I'm planning to try to have something up on Codeplex and/or Github by end of the month. I'll come back and update this post with a link after that happens.
For anyone interested, I managed to finally get an initial version of this up on github. It still needs a lot of work, but the basics are in place.
Nikhil did this on the asp.net team about 7 or 8 years ago. It's called Script#. It's amazing. It's the secret sauce Microsoft doesn't like to tell you about that powers a good chunk of their web apps.
2012年8月7日 19:22I have created one based on the open source NRefactory: www.saltarelle-compiler.com