TFS Backup - logfiles missing

質問

• I already reported my problem about 13 months ago to connect.microsoft.com (650564) but didn't receive any response. So I will try it here again.

Since Power Tools March Release 2011 both Sharepoint Databases and the WSS database don't get backuped by the transactional backup task. My configuration and a logfile are already on the Microsoft Connect issue. August 2011 and December 2011 release still have this bug (?).

The problem was already reported by another user in this thread, but no response since 6 months either.

2012年4月4日 9:07

回答

• Hi MichaelHauer,

I checked with the TFs PowerTools team regarding your quest and the Connect Bug you entered.
    This is by-design.  Originally, SharePoint databases were backed up using marked transactions, but the SharePoint team asked us to remove this (and just do standard backups) since they do not support marked transaction backups.

Thanks and have a great day!

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

2012年4月9日 18:18

すべての返信

• Hi MichaelHauer,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

2012年4月5日 6:47
  • Hi MichaelHauer,

I checked with the TFs PowerTools team regarding your quest and the Connect Bug you entered.
    This is by-design.  Originally, SharePoint databases were backed up using marked transactions, but the SharePoint team asked us to remove this (and just do standard backups) since they do not support marked transaction backups.

Thanks and have a great day!

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

2012年4月9日 18:18
  • Hi Trevor,

I have 2 Questions for you (or the TFS Power Tool team).

1- What is the proper way to backup/restore the sharepoint databses for TFS?

2- Why the TFS Power Tool do not treat them this way (the proper way)?

I also have one remark:

The document : Restore Data to the Same location should be revised to clarify the fact that sharepoint databases do not have to be backedup using marked transactions presently this guide is stating this:

"Caution: You must restore all databases to the same point in time, or the databases will be out of synchronisation. The following procédure assume that you are using marked transactions to help ensure synchronization of the datbases that Team Foundation Server uses."

Best regards.

Carl

Carl Bruneau

• 編集済み CBatWork 2012年5月31日 19:21
    2012年5月31日 19:00