none
Unable to cradle V2 emulator under Vista

質問

• I've installed the new WM6 Standard SDK under Vista and have all the varous emulator images running fine, but when I select "Cradle" from the emulator manager, nothing seems to happen.  The Mobile Device Center shows nothing, and there is no indication that any cradling action is occurring.  Seems to fail silently.  I know this was a problem prior to the V2 emulator release, but I'm still having this trouble with V2.

How can I diagnose what is wrong?

Other notes: I have eVC3, eVC4, and VS 2005 installed (which included the V1 emulator).  I also had the V2 emulator previously installed, but uninstalled that prior to installing the WM6 SDK.

2007年3月3日 17:30

回答

• >>> Why does crading fail when using remote desktop, and is there anything I can do to fix that?

This is a restriction imposed by Device Emulator and Activesync on Vista. There is no way to workaround this situation.

-Thanks,

Mohit

2007年3月12日 10:40

すべての返信

• Did you configure the DMA settings? As you know, Device Emulator use DMA to connect to ActiceSync or Mobile Device Management Center.
    2007年3月4日 15:10
  • Thanks for the response.  If you mean the Connection Settings option "Allow connections to one of the following: DMA", then yes.

New info: All this time I've been working remotely with a remote desktop session...well, just now I learned that the crading doesn't work that way but does work if I'm sitting in front of the desktop.  Unfortunately, even when running locally synchronization still fails with the messages "Sync failed with <phone name>" and "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop."  Not very descriptive errors.  I'll look into enabling logging so I can find more details on why that is failing.

So now I'm wondering: Why does crading fail when using remote desktop, and is there anything I can do to fix that?

2007年3月5日 1:48
  • In case this helps anyone in the future, I turned on logging for the ActiveSync process using the instructions here: http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wmdc/debug/index.htm.  The resulting log file gave me error code 85010014, which is an Outlook error.  Within Outlook I used the Help / Detect and Repair option, and this error message was resolved.  I am now able to cradle and sync the emulator.

The only remaining question is why can't I cradle the emulator successfully when using Vista from a remote desktop session.

2007年3月5日 4:22
  • todd,
    does WM6 sdk include the device emulator v2 final release version?
    i've been waiting for it since as you state, the preview had known issues.

thanks..
    g

2007年3月8日 18:10
  • >>> Why does crading fail when using remote desktop, and is there anything I can do to fix that?

This is a restriction imposed by Device Emulator and Activesync on Vista. There is no way to workaround this situation.

-Thanks,

Mohit

2007年3月12日 10:40
  • Too bad it won't work from a remote desktop session, as I'd like to do some development that way...but thanks much for the answer!

G - My understanding is that the emulator version in the WM6 SDK is the final V2 version.

2007年3月13日 0:56
  • I have the same problem, but not using RDP - I'm working on my workstation.

I have WIndows Vista x64.

Please, help to resolve the problem!

2007年3月16日 13:14
  • By the way: if I allow DMA in Mobile Center, after reboot it's always disabled.
    2007年3月16日 13:29
  •  Todd Saylor wrote:

Too bad it won't work from a remote desktop session, as I'd like to do some development that way...but thanks much for the answer!

G - My understanding is that the emulator version in the WM6 SDK is the final V2 version.

No, WM6 SDK contains Emulator v1.

2007年3月19日 16:56
  •  Roman Sedov wrote:
    By the way: if I allow DMA in Mobile Center, after reboot it's always disabled.

I got the same problem.How can I find it?

2007年3月21日 11:24
  • Recently I read "Instructions" section of http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dd567053-f231-4a64-a648-fea5e7061303&DisplayLang=en and found out the following: "We are also in the process of releasing a patch for x64 systems. This patch updates the SerDMAASPlugin.dll, which was originally compiled to 32-bit, to its x64 version. The patch download will also be available on this page.".

I think, that's an answer for our question.

2007年3月28日 9:17
  •  Roman Sedov wrote:

Recently I read "Instructions" section of http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dd567053-f231-4a64-a648-fea5e7061303&DisplayLang=en and found out the following: "We are also in the process of releasing a patch for x64 systems. This patch updates the SerDMAASPlugin.dll, which was originally compiled to 32-bit, to its x64 version. The patch download will also be available on this page.".

I think, that's an answer for our question.

the emulator patch for x64 has been released! I can cradle my WM5 Emulator on my vista x64 PC now.

go to the emulator 2.0 download web site and download this "vs_emulator-X64Addon.exe" patch.

2007年4月6日 2:06
  • You may be able to use the /console switch from MSTSC when doing the remote desktop session.  This used to cause the remote session to log onto the console and boot anyone off that was logged onto the console.  Not sure if this still works with Vista. To run it, use start>run and type "mstsc /console"

then connect to the Vista box as you normally would using the RDP client.

2007年4月12日 19:44
  • i just tried "mstsc /console" , still can't work.

>>> Why does crading fail when using remote desktop, and is there anything I can do to fix that?

-Thanks,

Mohit

Hope there will be update for the remote desktop issue.

2009年2月25日 8:17
  • Let me add my 2 cents' contribution which i found out today :

if you want you mobile emulator connected, just follow the following steps

1)Configure the "Network" tab in the Emulator Properties
    2)Make sure the Emulator Network Card connects to "The Internet"

Step 1:
    -Load up the emulator (either through Device Emulator Manager or just hitting Ctrl-F5 from Visual Studio)
    -Select File -> Configure
    -Go to the Network tab
    -Check the box that says "Enable NE2000 PCMIA network adapater and bind to:" (you can just use 'Connected network card' as it will automatically use your PC's ethernet card)
    -You will get an error if you do not have Microsoft Virtual PC installed
    -Click OK to close the dialog
    -Select File -> Reset -> Soft (you must do this!)

Step 2:
    -Open the emulator's Start Menu, select Settings
    -Click on the Connections tab at the bottom
    -Click on the Network Cards icon
    -Change the combo box from "Work" to "The Internet"
    -Click on OK (top right corner)

Now go open up Internet Explorer and you should have an Internet connection. After you confirmed it works, I would recommend to Save State when you exit so that next time you hit Ctrl-F5 to run your program, your Internet is already configured.

Well that's it. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. This is just a very quick and dirty way. No proxy settings, no cradle/uncradle, no ActiveSync, no Cellular Emulator, no Wireless Manager, just some Internet.

Note that I've only tested this on the Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator.

All the words in italic come from : http://blog.atrexis.com/index.cfm/Windows%20Mobile
    Credit goes to that blog.
    I m just sharing what i ve found out.

Regards,
    Bo Bo

2009年2月26日 5:48
  • Hi Bo Bo

This was a nice and very interactive help.. It worked for me. Thanks

I am developing a simple Windows mobile application A simple form which can save data into Sql Server 2005 or MySql database. But I am not able to connect to my computer's Sql server database. Can you suggest me the connection string?

I am using    

Dim Constring As String = "Data Source=172.17.3.154,1433;Initial Catalog=Dock_Check;user id=;password=" But I get error SQL server does not exist or access denied... It will be nice if you could guide me.

• 編集済み B_Soni 2012年2月1日 15:21
    2012年2月1日 15:17