PRF0010: Launch Aborted - Unable to start vsperfmon.exe (VStudio 2010)

質問

• Just recently installed Premium VS on my 64bit machine and one of the main reasons for moving to Premium was to use the Profiler - however it refuses to do anything when I try simply giving me the message PRF0010: Launch Aborted - Unable to start vsperfmon.exe (VStudio 2010). None of the other posts about this error seem to help - does anyone know what the problem might be here?

Thanks

2011年4月19日 16:30

すべての返信

• What's your OS version? If it is Vista or Windows 7, you may run Visual Studio as administrator by right-clicking VS icon and select "run as administrator".

By the way, could you please post the full error message, something like:

PRF0010: Launch Aborted - Unable to start vsperfmon.exe

Error VSP1342: Another instance of the Logger Engine is currently running.

Profiling finished.

Error VSP1712: Invalid File: C:\eviti\PerformanceTuning\http_localhost_eviti_100827(1).vspPRF0025: No data was collected. 

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2011年4月20日 6:35
  • Thanks but that is the full error message! It pops up in a dialog and I don't get anything else.

Also I am an administrator of the machine.

My OS is XP x64.

2011年4月20日 11:32
  • Does the error occur on any kinds of projects? Did you encounter any warning/error when install Visual Studio? Could you please re-install Visual Studio and try it again? Any step help to reproduce this issue is appreciated, thanks.
    Eric Yang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2011年4月21日 2:58
  • Just tried with a very simple C# console app and it seemed to work fine. The problem seems only to occur with Silverlight projects which are the main ones I'm currently working on. Did not encounter any errors when installing VS and would rather not reinstall if I can help it.
    2011年4月21日 10:10
  • Hi,

Following articles demonstrate how to profile Silverlight application using VS2010, you may want to have a look:

VS2010: Silverlight 4 profiling

Profiling Silverlight Applications after installing Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1

Eric Yang [MSFT]

• 回答の候補に設定 eryang 2011年5月2日 3:48
    • 回答としてマーク eryang 2011年5月5日 7:47
    • 回答としてマークされていない sjb500 2011年5月5日 7:56
    • 回答の候補の設定解除 eryang 2011年5月6日 1:27
    2011年4月22日 4:02
  • Thanks but neither of these articles strike me as being a (proper) answer - the first is, in my opinion, admitting that the inbuilt VS2010 profiler functionality (as promised) is not up to the job, and the second gives instructions that do not appear to work.
    2011年5月5日 7:59
  • Hi,

Have you tried this solution?

Solution to "Unable to start vsperfmon.exe"

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/juveriak/archive/2009/03/18/solution-to-unable-to-start-vsperfmon-exe.aspx

PS - paths in the DVD may vary depending upon the flavor of VS and your system architecture (x86 or x64)

bill boyce
    2011年5月11日 16:46
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but it was never a problem locating the file - I can see that it is on my system. The issue is that when I try and use this built in functionality in VS 2010 it's clearly not working for any of my SL apps, although it will work for ordinary .NET apps. Very annoying as I upgraded to premium just to have access to this functionality!
    2011年5月12日 8:22
  • 2011年5月17日 16:55
    モデレータ
  • Please Look at this blog

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/vstsprofiler/thread/da468256-73e7-4c96-9f63-48283a0c14c5

Follow the recommendation of Chris Schmich how to troubleshoot the problem

Hope this helps also

bill boyce
    2011年5月27日 19:15
  • Follow the below steps. Then this issue will resolves.

Step 1: Go to task manager and kill the vsperfmon process.

Step 2: Delete the all files in the following path.

C:\Users\ramesh_kotha\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects

or

as per your system configuration: C:\eviti\PerformanceTuning

2012年3月1日 6:52
  • I know this is an old thread - but I've been fighting with Visual studio profile a WPF app for several hours now.

You can see additional information by going to the output window and selecting Performance in the Show output from drop down.

There is at least some issues with the profiler I've found so far:

1. You must save performance session before profiling or you'll get a file not found type of error.

2. The other is an order of operations or time out issue where Visual Studio errors out and then the profiler starts up. I've verified that this occurs using the command line VsPerfCmd.exe /status, which shows no performance running before starting the profiling and one running after VS says reports "Unable to start vsperfmon.exe"

3. I also commonly see "Error VSP1737: File could not be opened due to sharing violation"

2012年9月5日 19:13
  • Same problem here. In my case, the problem is the antivirus "McAffee VirusScan Entreprise". I needed to turn of the Real-Time Scan.

You can find a post related to the problem in the McAffee forum : https://community.mcafee.com/message/209683?tstart=0

2012年12月13日 13:46