Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtro e ordinamentoUsa queste opzioni per ridurre l'elenco delle discussioni.
- 114Andy Smith22 53 minuti fa
- 013Willgart1 1 ora 2 minuti fa
- 232SPFriend 5 ore 42 minuti fa
- 127LearnerSql 7 ore 22 minuti fa
- 329Tom Molskow 4 ore 42 minuti fa
- 779JRStern lunedì 20 maggio 2013 17:00
- 667sqlfrenzy lunedì 20 maggio 2013 21:08
- 15199kungpow112 sabato 18 maggio 2013 09:39
- 5108w_bentley venerdì 17 maggio 2013 15:47
- 134shiftbit 9 ore 2 minuti fa
- 4160limitha lunedì 20 maggio 2013 05:40
- 19100Marian Ionita 13 ore 47 minuti fa
- 26194Dhow venerdì 17 maggio 2013 13:38
- 9187brgnewman mercoledì 8 maggio 2013 18:41
- 1787993PiggyZhou giovedì 14 settembre 2006 11:29
- 107851TobyWhite martedì 6 aprile 2010 19:21
- 883ITEC Entertainment lunedì 20 maggio 2013 13:59
- 131CefeE 13 ore 57 minuti fa
- 5196Tom Molskow venerdì 17 maggio 2013 02:24
- 269algkep lunedì 20 maggio 2013 13:30