Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtro e ordinamentoUsa queste opzioni per ridurre l'elenco delle discussioni.
- 550Willgart1 10 ore 24 minuti fa
- 340Jackie Shen 9 ore 10 minuti fa
- 437SR_MCTS 8 ore 34 minuti fa
- 996SQL24 venerdì 24 maggio 2013 09:01ultima risposta Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee12 ore 7 minuti fa
- 286SLNSH giovedì 23 maggio 2013 15:33ultima risposta Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee12 ore 12 minuti fa
- 270swt1974 venerdì 24 maggio 2013 17:15ultima risposta Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee12 ore 14 minuti fa
- 281dragonMoon venerdì 24 maggio 2013 18:52ultima risposta Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee12 ore 17 minuti fa
- 575anaylor01 22 ore 42 minuti fa
- 390SPFriend venerdì 24 maggio 2013 02:22
- 899SPFriend giovedì 23 maggio 2013 23:08
- 51257nicofer sabato 4 agosto 2012 03:51
- 367Ray1127 venerdì 24 maggio 2013 21:39
- 372LearnerSql venerdì 24 maggio 2013 19:59
- 32547xs2varun martedì 4 ottobre 2011 02:18
- 8108jdyoumans giovedì 23 maggio 2013 16:17
- 376SLNSH venerdì 24 maggio 2013 13:31
- 270BKR1 venerdì 24 maggio 2013 17:08
- 251294AleshaDBA mercoledì 22 agosto 2012 08:41
- 888pscorca venerdì 24 maggio 2013 10:14
- 362sakurai_db venerdì 24 maggio 2013 03:51