venerdì 11 maggio 2012 12:48
Is there really no way to disable or increase the truncation of External Data?
Follow me @SPVandeput
Tutte le risposte
sabato 12 maggio 2012 09:23
If you are asking about BCS Picker then it definitely will show up to 200 items (this is SharePoint restriction). This value can't be increased. You should always define filters (it can be limit/comparison/wildcard filter) so that you can narrow your search and overcome others restrictions regarding a count of rows in the database. Especially when working with high volume of items, there might be cases in which you may have millions of items to pick.
Please take a look at these articles about filter creation:
- Creating Comparison and Wildcard Filters for BCS in SharePoint Designer 2010
- How to: Define Filters for External Item Picker Controls
If you are asking about External List throttle (2000 items) then it can be increased.
- The default Max is 2,000 items
- The absolute Max is 25,000 items
Take a look at this article: Understanding BCS Architecture
DmitryLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog
- Contrassegnato come risposta Rock Wang– MSFT venerdì 18 maggio 2012 06:59