lunedì 2 luglio 2012 19:30
SBS 2008 R2 and upgraded Sharepoint 3.0 to Foundation Server 2010. Everything working up to this weekend when I did a server reboot. Now companweb is unavailable from the internet. RWW and OWA still works and companyweb works internally. Tried several different computers from the internet that was known good previously and deleted all temp internet files and did a DNSFlush on all of them as well. Still wouldn't load.
Bindings look correct for the site. I have ran the connect to internet, setup internet address and fix network wizards as well.
Ideas where to start?
Tutte le risposte
martedì 3 luglio 2012 02:26
How did you map your SharePoint site to the Internet? Have you configured AAM or extended SharePoint Web Application into Extranet Zone? Did you use AAM URL redirection when migrating?
Check the following references out in order to solve problem.
- How Do I: Configure an Alternate Access Mapping in SharePoint 2010
- Using AAM URL direction as part of the upgrade process
- Extend a Web application
martedì 3 luglio 2012 20:07Yes, AAM is set. I have the address for the intranet set and the public FQDN address set for internet. This has been working until the server rebooted over the weekend and now I can't access the companyweb from the internet.
martedì 3 luglio 2012 20:20
open up the Internet Information Manage and check if the IIS Website is running. Have you also tried to open the company web directly from Server ?
StefanMicrosoft Community Contributor 2011
MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development
martedì 3 luglio 2012 21:09It is running and yes it works on the local network just can't access it via internet both on the server as well as local computers.
martedì 3 luglio 2012 21:12
Please check the host file entry at all the Sharepoint servers.
martedì 3 luglio 2012 21:29
Not using a host file. What are you suggesting?
giovedì 5 luglio 2012 02:21
I would suggest to you that SBS 2008 only supports WSS v3.0 via Remote Web Workplace. Did you follow 'official' document?
Note, the officially supported process is not an upgrade but an uninstall and reinstall
Thanks Robert Crane [MVP-Office365] www.ciaops.com
- Modificato directorciaMVP giovedì 5 luglio 2012 02:30 spelling
giovedì 5 luglio 2012 14:55
Yes, that is what I followed. RWW, OWA, and Internal Companyweb was working for about 4 or 5 months from the internet. Then I rebooted this last weekend and now RWW and OWA works but Internal Companyweb doesn't.
I found out this morning that one user is able to get into the companyweb from the internet at his house. I didn't believe him so I had him make a change to one of the list on the site and sure enough he did. I have sent an email to all the users to have them to try to log in to the companyweb from the internet. To see who is affected.
Since the ne user is able to access the companyweb from the internet then I am guessing the DNS, Bindings, and IIS is setup correctly. Maybe a trust issue or permissions issue?
giovedì 5 luglio 2012 19:28
Ok, got it figured out. Chalk it up to stupidity.
1) end users not able to access the companyweb externally. Answer- I did a redesign of our company's website and didn't put links to RWW, OWA, and Companyweb on the new website. Therefore the companyweb was down and wasn't working....lol.
2) Unable to get access to companyweb from my house. Answer-Before upgrading my live server at work from WSS 3.0 to Sharepoint Foundation 2010, I built a temp server at the house and upgraded that server first. I had routed all traffic on port 987 to the temp server. When I took the temp server offline I forgot to kill that routing rule in my server. Disabled that rule and everything is working now...lol.
Imagine that. Thanks to all that offered suggestions. Now I am off to the doctor to have my head examined.
- Contrassegnato come risposta Charles_Rader giovedì 5 luglio 2012 19:28