none
Using data from a list in another site

Domanda

• Hi

I need to use in a workflow, data from a list that's on parent site, how can I do this? I've seen several threads talking how to show data from another site's list, in a web part, but that way I can't use the data, just show it (right?).

Best regards

giovedì 5 luglio 2012 20:33

Risposte

• I haven't tried it with SharePoint Designer but you may be able to rig something up with that. Basically you just add "/_vti_bin/listdata.svc to the end of your site url (not including the .aspx part) and you'll see the information displayed on the screen. There is a query language you can use to get the detailed info you want, and even to up date the data if you allow it. Check out www.odata.org for details and channel9.msdn.com for more videos on using it. i think you'll be hooked once you try it!

Love them all...regardless. - Buddha

venerdì 6 luglio 2012 15:47

Tutte le risposte

• Greetz!

Have you looked at oData?  You add a service reference to your Visual Studio 2010 project and call http://your.sharepoint.site/_vti_bin/listdata.svc

to gain access to the list. Then you can have your way with it. Lots of good tutorials online.

Cheers!

giovedì 5 luglio 2012 20:40
  • Thanks, mate!

Is it possible to do it with Designer?

Best regards

venerdì 6 luglio 2012 09:36
  • I haven't tried it with SharePoint Designer but you may be able to rig something up with that. Basically you just add "/_vti_bin/listdata.svc to the end of your site url (not including the .aspx part) and you'll see the information displayed on the screen. There is a query language you can use to get the detailed info you want, and even to up date the data if you allow it. Check out www.odata.org for details and channel9.msdn.com for more videos on using it. i think you'll be hooked once you try it!

venerdì 6 luglio 2012 15:47
  • SharePoint designer is good to develop some basic workflows. Very quickly, you will find out that there are limitations as to what SharePoint can do.

When that happens, here are some of the typical options:

• Develop your own SharePoint custom actions. This means that you need to have access to a software developer who can do SharePoint programming for you in Visual Studio .NET 2010
    • Download free SharePoint custom actions. You can google what you want. You may find something on the internet for free. 
    • User Business Process Management tools like K2 or Nintex. There will be a cost associated.
    • Think of other alternative, don't try to consume a web service in your workflows.

In my experience with SharePoint designer, I have not found a way to consume web services in SharePoint designer natively.

Please remember to Propose As Answer if this solves your problem
    venerdì 6 luglio 2012 16:52