Post feedback, questions and suggestions related to Released (RTM) versions of WCF Data Services Framework (formerly known as ADO.NET Data Services and Project "Astoria").
Important: ASP.NET Security Vulnerability
Over the weekend the ASP.NET team released a Microsoft Security Advisory about a security vulnerability found in ASP.NET:
The WCF Data Services team looked into the issue and don’t believe there is any additional exposure to the vulnerability beyond what is exposed by ASP.NET. However, if the WCF Data Service is hosted in ASP.NET, it is quite possible that the vulnerability is present. If any users use the ASP.Net encryption logic to hide sensitive information from the client and use that encrypted data to make decisions in the WCF Data Service, they can run into this issue. Below are few examples:
· If you use an encrypted cookie to make decisions to which database to connect in CreateDataSource method
· If you use an encrypted cookie to figure out whether the user is an admin rather than using RoleManager in the server
· If you use an encrypted cookie to apply business logic in change/query interceptors
For a complete description of the vulnerability, please read Scottgu’s post on the subject:
WCF Data Services Development Lead
Learn all about the Open Data Protocol (OData) -- the protocol used by WCF Data Services
New to OData? Go to http://odata.org to learn the nuts and bolts of the protocol, see who is using it today, and learn the scenarios that drove the creation of the protocol.
Latest Releases for WCF Data Services
Prerelease: Coming soon
WCF Data Services Voting Site Now Available!
The WCF Data Services team is beginning to explore improvements and new features for our next release. As part of this process, it’s critical that we hear your feedback, as it helps us ensure that what we build actually meets your requirements in real-world scenarios. To enable this we’ve launched a new site that will allow you to interact more directly with the development team and provide input: http://dataservices.mswish.net .
The site’s pretty simple and self-explanatory – you can add a new feature request or vote for feature requests that are already there. We hope you’ll try it out and vote on the features you most want to see added. Finally, as features move from ideas into actual development we’ll post our thoughts and ideas to the team blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam
Lead Program Manager, Microsoft
Filtro e ordinamentoUsa queste opzioni per ridurre l'elenco delle discussioni.
- 025Mao Zhi 13 ore 46 minuti fa
- 027Mao Zhi 17 ore 38 minuti fa
- 294srk boss lunedì 20 maggio 2013 13:09
- 178Matt Miley lunedì 20 maggio 2013 20:49
- 5207Uffe Lauesen lunedì 22 aprile 2013 10:45
- 3138Thurupathan venerdì 17 maggio 2013 10:57
- 389s liu mercoledì 15 maggio 2013 18:18
- 91746Prabal Ghosh mercoledì 3 ottobre 2012 18:43
- 390StePorritt martedì 14 maggio 2013 11:53
- 095siegfried_ martedì 14 maggio 2013 20:00
- 5302civic_ lunedì 8 aprile 2013 07:48
- 196Salkav1804 giovedì 9 maggio 2013 09:32
- 3170justsnafu venerdì 3 maggio 2013 13:34
- 193Salkav1804 martedì 7 maggio 2013 12:35
- 1187siegfried_ lunedì 6 maggio 2013 06:57
- 1158GeoTask giovedì 2 maggio 2013 19:32
- 2117sdnd2000 domenica 5 maggio 2013 14:51
- 2142Uffe Lauesen giovedì 2 maggio 2013 05:43
- 2122John Crim giovedì 2 maggio 2013 20:51
- 0133Yara.Programmer venerdì 3 maggio 2013 05:01