none
Floundering - need confirmation that code using vss2010 to write reports

Domanda

• I am currently maintaining an application and have little experience in VSS 2010 or vb.net.   I have years of experience in non-net-based applications and am not having issues understanding code.   I also use SQL Server 2005 and have experience in SQL, though not in the SQL report writer.    I have picked up this application for a friend company that has been left in the lurch by the developers and there is no-one for me to speak to.   Please help.  

I am assuming that the code below is calling the VSS report server but I cannot find any code with .rdlc/.rdl extensions anywhere.    I have found a web reference URL within the properties of the webserver object in VSS2010 which indicates that the webserver is reportexecution2005.asmx and the url behavior is dynamic.

vb code:

Dim rs As New ReportServer.ReportExecutionService
                        Dim myCredentialCache As New CredentialCache
                        myCredentialCache.Add(New Uri(WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue("ReportServicesURL")), "Basic", New NetworkCredential(WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue("ReportServicesUsername"), WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue("ReportServicesPassword"), WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue("ReportServicesDomain")))
                        Dim myCredential As NetworkCredential = myCredentialCache.GetCredential(New Uri(WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue("ReportServicesURL")), "Basic")

rs.Credentials = myCredential
                        Dim parameters(0) As ReportServer.ParameterValue
                        parameters(0) = New ReportServer.ParameterValue
                        parameters(0).Name = "ledgerIDs"
                        parameters(0).Value = Ledgers
                        Dim ReportPath = WebSuburb.Utilities.GeneralUtilities.GetConfigValue(ddlReport.SelectedValue)
                        Dim deviceInfo As String = "<DeviceInfo><Encoding>ASCII</Encoding></DeviceInfo>"
                        rs.LoadReport(ReportPath, Nothing)

QUESTIONS:

Can you tell by any of these clues where the report code might be and/or whether these reports were written and maintained within MSVSS 2010 or Qry2005?    I also cannot find anything in Qry2005 that remotely resembles a report or a report writer.

Any help you can give me would make me eternally grateful (as it would the client!).   If you can answer this, please phrase your answer as if you are writing a book of "reportwriter for dummies".

Thanking you in advance

venerdì 27 aprile 2012 06:51

Risposte

• The key to what you are looking for is "ReportPath" in the last line.  If you put a break point there, you should see to full path to the report that is running.
    • Contrassegnato come risposta itzgr82balive lunedì 30 aprile 2012 08:10
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato itzgr82balive lunedì 30 aprile 2012 08:11
    • Contrassegnato come risposta itzgr82balive lunedì 30 aprile 2012 08:12
    sabato 28 aprile 2012 20:27
  • This code was using server based reports, so the reports may not be stored in Visual studio. If you have access to the report server, you can see the reports there.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

• Contrassegno come risposta annullato itzgr82balive lunedì 30 aprile 2012 08:11
    domenica 29 aprile 2012 18:48

Tutte le risposte

• The key to what you are looking for is "ReportPath" in the last line.  If you put a break point there, you should see to full path to the report that is running.
    sabato 28 aprile 2012 20:27
  • This code was using server based reports, so the reports may not be stored in Visual studio. If you have access to the report server, you can see the reports there.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

domenica 29 aprile 2012 18:48