none
Mapped drive not asking for credentials for FBA enabled sites

Domanda

• Hello,

Recently I am facing issue with SharePoint mapped folder in windows explorer with one of my client.

I am having SharePoint site with forms authentication enable which is recently migrated from MOSS. All users are using Windows mapped folder for accessing documents inside the document libraries. I have created network mapped folder for them to access documents easily, it works fine but with small problem.

When user is rebooted the machine or logged out from the Internet Explorer this mapped folder stopped working and even it doesn’t ask for credentials to login. It's showing message as shown below

\\MACHINENAME@SSL@PORT\DavWWWRoot is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.Access Denied. Before opening files in this location, you must first add the web site to your trusted sites list, browse to the web site, and select the option to login automatically.

Same kind of mapped folder I have created for MOSS site as well but it’s asking for credential if user is not logged in 

Only difference I see in both environments is SP2010 site is using Claims based authentication with FBA enabled while MOSS site is using normal NTLM authentication.

Even I have tried to create another site without FBA enable in SP2010 and its working fine. Is there a known issue with FBA enabled site or do I need some fix for that?

I hope I have described problem correctly. Does anyone face this kind of problem and have solution?

Regards,

Mehul

Jams

giovedì 28 giugno 2012 17:30

Tutte le risposte

• Hello Mehul,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

lunedì 2 luglio 2012 09:32
  • Mehul,

Most of the times that i have seen an issue with a mapped drive it usually has to do with some type of IE security setting. Please take a look at this KB and let me know if it is at all helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2616712

Thanks

giovedì 5 luglio 2012 21:37
  • What form of authentication are you using on the SharePoint site?  Basic, NTLM, Kerberos, SQL, etc?

http://sharepoint.nauplius.net

giovedì 5 luglio 2012 22:03
  • I am using Claims Based Authentication with Active Directory and Forms Based Authentication using membership database.

lunedì 9 luglio 2012 13:29
  • Mehul,

Did your ever found a resolution for this. I am experiencing the same problem when users use the open in explorer option. We are also having claims based authentication with Active directory and forms based with ADAM. When i disable the form based authentication everything is working.

venerdì 7 dicembre 2012 10:21