Debug mode setting failed and Failed to add Service

Domanda

• I am a total beginner with WWF. I created a new Service project (with no detail), and, following a video, tried to launch it, as is, so I could look at the XML generated. The following error came up. Nothing I haven't seen before in other VS projects...

I clicked Ok and was told "A file with the name 'web.config' already exists. Do you want to replace it?". I click "Yes", and get:

"The operation could not be implemented. Not implemented".

If, instead, I click "Run without Debugging", the Service seems to start but then I get:

Can someone explain what's going on and what I should do?

Thank you.

mercoledì 21 marzo 2012 15:24

Risposte

• Hi,

Below is the default configuration section in the web.cofig file, I assume the target Framework is version 4.0.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0" />
      </system.web>
      <system.serviceModel>
        <behaviors>
          <serviceBehaviors>
            <behavior>
              <!-- To avoid disclosing metadata information, set the value below to false and remove the metadata endpoint above before deployment -->
              <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>
              <!-- To receive exception details in faults for debugging purposes, set the value below to true.  Set to false before deployment to avoid disclosing exception information -->
              <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false"/>
            </behavior>
          </serviceBehaviors>
        </behaviors>
        <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />
      </system.serviceModel>
      <system.webServer>
        <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
      </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

You can back-up the web.config file, then replace its content with above to see if it works. If your problem persists, could you please post the detailed information of the error here? The link of the video is also helpful for us understand you scenario. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

venerdì 23 marzo 2012 03:19