none
SysFader:iexplore.exe error

Question

• Everytime I time to load POGO I get this error message.   It worked just fine until last week.    I even bought your repair program and still have the issue.  What happened?

SysFader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:46 AM

All replies

•  

I have the exact same problem! can some one PLEASE HELP?????
    • Proposed as answer by Sehar Rashid Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Yep .... me too. Whenever I go to use certain websites - like myspace - I get a SysFader error box pop up and ie.7 crashes. Annoying, to say the least. I've read some other threads and some people seem to think it's a virus, others think it's a problem with the sound card package, some say it's necessary and you can't turn it off but have to control it. Who do I believe? And what do I do to stop it? I'm just hoping that someone in microsoft has the answer.

I'm also getting an error message for Svchst.exe sometimes when I log off the computer and I don't know if that's related.

I don't have a clue how to fix any of this and I can't find any adequate or solid directions about how to.

• Proposed as answer by The MD Monday, April 18, 2011 8:39 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by The MD Monday, April 18, 2011 8:39 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2007 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

I had this sysfader error some time back, from memory in explorer 7, I turned off the "enable visual styles in buttons and controls" option.  (tools.internet options.adavanced).  I may have also turned off the  page transitions and 3rd party extensions options as well, but it was a long time ago.

Friday, November 23, 2007 2:31 AM
  • I just tried the same fix for IE6 for the same error, and it seems to have fixed it.  My daughter has to use turnitin.com for school, and she hasn't been able to go there for a couple of days without the sysfader IE crash.  After I made the above change, I was able to go there.  Wait a minute...  Trying again...

Oh well, never mind.  I guess I just got lucky once...  This time I got:

---------------------------
    SysFader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x7470b439" referenced memory at "0x7470b439". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    OK  

If anyone can determine what is causing this, I would really appreciate it!
    Friday, December 14, 2007 9:58 PM
  • Right ... I don't know what sysfader is or was but I seem to have fixed it. I got a tip from someone to download 'Uniblue registry cleaner' and also 'speed up my PC' app. It cost about 30 GBP ($60) but I think they have a deal where you can download two of the packages and get spyware cleaner free. Anyway, it not only solved the sysfader thing but totally optimised my PC. It got rid of all the unnecessary and bad stuff and the comp is running like a dream. I wish I'd have found this earlier. I proabably wouldn't have spent hours weeping over my keyboard.

This is not an advert for uniblue, though it might sound like that. It's straight up. I had the sysfader problem for months. Money well spent. No more crashes. Hope it helps.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 3:50 AM
  • What type of PCs where this is happening?  Intel or AMD CPU?  Any particular manufacturer?  I have HP.   What is the version of IE7? 

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 6:14 PM
  • I have a Fujitsu bog standard celeron CPU PC but, as I say, the problem is sorted.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:40 AM
  • Guess what!!

After I download shockwave version 10, everything is sovled.

Here is the address for you, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/ 

Go get it done.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 4:22 AM
  •  

Guest what.......too!!  mr chung...i downloaded it to and guess what....its still there......now i got some wierd file in my docu..and in my c: docu/setting/  and it freezes everything...now it also has a big red X on my hardrive used to be in my computer icon.....does any one know to fix it....i try every method that is out there.......thnx...Mr.Sanchez
    Friday, January 18, 2008 3:28 PM
  • I think the problem is due to some kind of malware, but it is difficult to detect. What convinces me it's malware is that the grammar in the error message is very poor, in the manner of a Russian who barely knows English. But I couldn't resolve it after running 4 spyware checkers and two anti-virus checkers. Perhaps the uniblue product one poster mentioned can catch it. The only way I could get rid of the problem was by reverting my disc from backup.
    Saturday, February 02, 2008 11:12 PM
  • Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:49 PM
  • My daughter kept getting crashes on my new Computer everytime she went to myspace; but your advice about turning off the "enable visual styles in Buttons and Controls" option helped so far. Hopefully this will be the complete solution; thanks for a great suggestion.

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:11 PM
  • Sysfader is a part of Windows XP that provides all the so called "cool animation effects". These include fading menus in and out. Animating windows and so on. However, the fact is that you don't need sysfader on your computer. You're better off without it, especially if you're getting a lot of 'Sysfader.exe has crashed' errors or if your computer is running slow. Even if you don't think it's slow I recommend you read the whole article below. To get rid of this problem all you need to do is this: Press Windows Flag (Windows Key) + Pause break key. If you don't have the Windows key (most keyboards should have this - right beside the Alt key) just right click on My Computer and click Properties. Go to the 'Advanced' tab Under 'Performance' click on 'Settings' Under the 'Visual Effects' tab uncheck the first four check boxes These 4 boxes are "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing", "Fade or slide menus into view", "Fade of slide ToolTips into view" and "Fade out menu items after clicking". . Click on 'OK' After doing this the problem with sysfader should instantly go away
    Monday, June 16, 2008 8:43 PM
  • Isn't this a bug of our program? Why do other BHO like google, yahoo toolbars run well?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Try uninstalling KB944338 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944338 this will resolve IE related crashes due to Java and VB script updates which comes with this particular KB number.

technical details about KB can be found here ; http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-022.mspx  

Best

GPapila

Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:34 AM
  • I know this is a little late, but I've just had my first encounter with the SysFader:iexplore.exe error and I came across this post in my research to resolve the problem, and although I can't be positive, I don't think using Uniblue's Registry Cleaner is the true resolution to the SysFader error issue. Here's why:

Back in January 2008, I purchased "Uniblue Registry Cleaner" and the accompanying "System Tweaker" - an optimizer/modifier type program much like TweakUI - it came along with the registry cleaner app as a "package deal"-somewhat like the purchase mrkuryakin made; (I did not pay anything like $60.00 USD; it was more like $29.95 USD - I purchased it direct from Uniblue's website as a download) and I've been using the Uniblue Registry Cleaner on a regular basis since the purchase....and yes, I like it. I run more than one reg cleaner and Uniblue does seem to catch more types of registry problems than the other; and yes, I have notice some positive changes in speed, etc., since I've been using Uniblue.

But I did not encounter the SysFader error until July 2008; well after I had been using Uniblue. The big change I made prior to the start of the SysFader error is that I upgraded to IE7. I did that only 3-4 months ago, and I've had several new issues crop up since that upgrade.

Therefore, if you want to purchase a thorough registry cleaner, then considering Uniblue's product would probably be a good idea. If you just want to resolve the SysFader: iexplore.exe error, keep looking.

Shari

Friday, July 04, 2008 12:24 AM
  • This error appears a lot in programs that either have bugs in them or your computer ran out of memory in this particular case with a tell-tale memory address of 0x00000000.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

I did all that you said, also i reset the internet explorer setting, but still this error is coming.........

Now how can i resloved this error. 

Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

I have tried what you say but still I am facing this problem. I reset my internet exploer. Now what can I do? Please guide me.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:37 AM
  • I have a suggestion if you havent considered it use Mozilla firefox (its not microsoft) but it should not have the same problem
    Monday, July 28, 2008 12:11 AM
  • Hi Guys

I got Sysfader: iexplore.exe error after installing Kaspersky AntiVirus, I thought this program was at fault, so I uninstalled it and just incase, I did a system restore to the day before I had installed it, Problem still existed, so I uninstalled IE7.0 and went back to 6.0 this worked. I put my original AntiVirus back AVG.  Now I am surfing as normal, but of course I want IE7.0, so reinstalled and everything is still working ok for a week and then this Saturday, booted my PC clicked the IE7.0 shortcut I got SYSFADER: IEXPORE.exe and IEXPORE.EXE ERRORs, I tried clicking Desktop shortcut, Quick Launch, and from the Programs menu all gave me the same results.  When I clicked one of my web shortcuts on my desktop no problems I can go anywhere and I still have the problem now, if I was to click on the IE icon it would give me the same error.  Now the guy that was talking earlier below about the animations, fading menus extra, take a seat you don't know what you are talking about as I made all these changes and it didn't make one bit of difference.  I am still at a loss to solving this problem and I guess this forum is not monitored by Microsoft or else some tefal head would of answered with a fix by now.  SO the only suggestion I have is to uninstall 7.0 make sure 6.0 works and try reinstalling IE7.0 again

regards

Saturday, August 09, 2008 9:51 PM
  • This only started for me within the last 24 hours, so I'm assuming that some piece of code in IE has expired; causing all the problems people are having.  Think of it like a BIOS - periodically, manufacturers have to provide updates to the BIOS clock because of how the standardised software was created years (or even decades) ago.  I've had SysFader problems before a few years ago, but a patch was supplied for it then, too, to expand or reset a period of entropy that stops it working.

I think it's the same case here.  Perhaps MS will release an update for it in a week or so.  Alternatively it may be JAVA problem, so maybe JavaSun have released a new update to their software we need.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:24 PM
  • Just to let everyone know:  sysfader.exe is a process belonging to the NVidia Graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products.  I have also seen spyware/malware that disguise itself as sysfader.exe errors, when really it is the spyware/malware that is causing the errors and IE to crash.  After removing the spyware/malware, these issues were fixed.   Hope this helps.  This is not a fix all for the true sysfader.exe crashes but just something to be aware of and to check if everything else fails. 

• Proposed as answer by geewiizz Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:54 PM
    Friday, October 24, 2008 2:38 PM
  • I unchecked those four boxes and it seemed to work for a day, but I am now getting the sysfader error again. This is a very frustrating error.

• Proposed as answer by I_am_the_cynic Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:06 AM
    Monday, December 08, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Problem solved for me. Remove all existing java programs from your add and remove programs. Go directly to java.com and get newest version.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:09 AM
  • I fix the problem restoring the IE defaults, in Control Panel. The SysFader :iexplorer.exe ... is gone.  After that, I change the settings as I used to it.

Good look!
    Friday, May 01, 2009 4:57 AM
  • THIS ONE WOOORRRKEED !!! FINALLLLLLYYYYY  WHHHEEEWWW!!! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!  THANK YOU TICOHELPER I APPRECIATE
    • Proposed as answer by geewiizz Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:53 PM
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 5:16 AM
  • THIS ONE WOOORRRKEED !!! FINALLLLLLYYYYY  WHHHEEEWWW!!! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!  THANK YOU TICOHELPER I APPRECIATE

I had the same problem.  Ran my Malwarebytes Anti-malware program that caputured 5 trojans.  They were removed.  After a reboot IE works fine:

c:\...\Temp\bng5.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\...Temp\bngB.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\...\Temp\bngC.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\...\local settings\Temp\bngD.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\END (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:57 PM
  • So for those who are computer dumb lol .. where is the IE defaults in the Control Panel? Is there anyway you can walk me through the steps?
    • Proposed as answer by phantoms lover Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:43 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Read this:

http://ie7triage.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3B6634EF5458F389!454.entry

I had to uncheck 'Enable third-party browser extensions' to get my browser back.  If you need to open a browser without using IE, try typing a URL in Windows Explorer.
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Thanks to "I_am_the_cynic"!...your post to remove all existing versions of Java and to install the latest version was the only solution that finally fixed my issue with the SysFader error. 

- I removed the "no longer supported by Microsoft" Microsoft's Java VM by following the steps at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_msvm.xml#cli .  Note: Even though the Microsoft VM didn't show up under the Advanced tab on the Internet Options window, it still showed up as an add-on under the IE "Tools>Manage Add-ons" window.  Somehow it stuck around even after I upgraded to IE 8.
    - I removed all versions of Sun's Java through Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.
    - I installed the latest Java from Sun at http://www.java.com .

Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:17 PM
  • These posts have been very helpful and I'll bookmark the page.  But after no success with several fixes I decided to install Mozilla Firefox and haven't had another problem plus all is speedier now.  Never had trouble with IE before but it may be time to say farewell to it after all.  I was ready to replace the hard drive totally and reload the OS.  This was waaaaay easier!  Thanks all for the posts.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:51 AM
  • Hi Eddiex,

I don't know if this will work for you but certainly it did for me. Go to www.filehippo.com. Then download their FREE Update Checker Software & scan your PC for the latest software updates. Click all updates except the beta ones. My problem disappeared. As far as I remember the updates were iTunes, CCleaner, Torrent, Adobe Flash, IE Google Toolbar....my problem just disappear!

John
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Sadly, this did not work. I've disabled virtually every special effect in Win XP but these infuriating SysFader crashes keep happening, regardless of which version of IE I'm using (in the current case, it's 7.x).

Anyone have a different approach?

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Hello!Explorer 8 is out of order.Can ever reinstal!TotL UNINSTALLING decaying OS.Not backup;"eula" and simple...Dont work network conektion file...Nerer maken system restore...
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:48 AM
  • Hello!Explorer 8 is out of order.Can ever reinstal!TotL UNINSTALLING decaying OS.Not backup;"eula" and simple...Dont work network conektion file...Nerer maken system restore...
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:49 AM
  • Thanks to "I_am_the_cynic"!...your post to remove all existing versions of Java and to install the latest version was the only solution that finally fixed my issue with the SysFader error. 

- I removed the "no longer supported by Microsoft" Microsoft's Java VM by following the steps at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_msvm.xml#cli .  Note: Even though the Microsoft VM didn't show up under the Advanced tab on the Internet Options window, it still showed up as an add-on under the IE "Tools>Manage Add-ons" window.  Somehow it stuck around even after I upgraded to IE 8.
    - I removed all versions of Sun's Java through Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.
    - I installed the latest Java from Sun at http://www.java.com .

I do not agree with you, I don't think it's valuable.
    Saturday, August 07, 2010 9:38 AM
  • Interesting this old thread is still alive.

Recent upgrade from IE 6 to IE 8 caused this on a laptop with Intel graphic chipset.

Update of graphics card driver solved the problem with no other changes needed.

Good luck!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:06 AM
  • I had the exact same problem, and heres a link to solve your problem.

http://errorsweeper.com?aid=2682&cid=1428&tid=-1&p=14&pp=2

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:03 PM
  • We were able to fix a user's sysfader error by disabling the yahoo toolbar.
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:31 PM
  • This is the fix. You can also just change your theme to Windows classic or in the same menu mentioned above select "Performance."

Thanks, this is awesome. This actually would throw a blue screen when I got this message. Probably a video card issue at it's core, but eh, this works.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:16 AM
  • iexplore.exe error comes out due to many reasons, like Trojans attack, misplacement of exe files, obsolete drivers etc. But its primary cause is damaged registry files. By correcting registry files of system, you can fix this application error easily.  

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:43 AM
  • For windows XP users using IE 8 and I expect most other MS Windows this problem is strictly due to Java and a VB scripting error, and can be resolved by updating to Java 6, update 24.
    ‘Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one’s mouth and remove all doubt. - Samuel Johnson
    • Proposed as answer by The MD Monday, April 18, 2011 8:39 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:38 PM