none
YouTube is not working on IE7

Question

• Friend of mine was trying to show me a video that my friend made, so he uploaded it through YouTube. He gave me the link to view his video on YouTube. The video doesn't play on IE7, but does play on IE6. I tried to enable all ActiveX, no luck. Is there any alternative? Thanks for you time.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 3:07 AM

Answers

• Ah! Never mind, I got it to work now! What I did was go to Internet Options, Security tab, then click Custom level. Scroll down until you see where it says "Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player." Change it to Enable.
    Sunday, October 29, 2006 3:43 AM

All replies

• Ah! Never mind, I got it to work now! What I did was go to Internet Options, Security tab, then click Custom level. Scroll down until you see where it says "Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player." Change it to Enable.
    Sunday, October 29, 2006 3:43 AM
  • I tried this but it still won't work for me.  Anyone else have any suggestions?
    Monday, November 13, 2006 2:11 PM
  • the problem i found was a missing registry item {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

if you go to this site http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

then download  the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.22 MB) run the installation & it will put this missing registry item in.

then the youtube videos should work with IE7 

NOTE: When i ran the installation i ran into an error but i chose to ignore it and let it run anyway. Also if you run a registry cleaner program make sure you exclude (so it does not strip this reference) {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} otherwise you will have to re-install the above or manually put them back in.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:56 PM
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying to fix this problem for a couple of weeks.
    Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:14 AM
  • In the same page I found a link for the Flash Player Uninstaller. I used this program to uninstall the Flash Player and then I install again from the Adobe download page.

I think that this method is better than install a Flash Player for debbuging purposes.

Regards,

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:09 PM
  • I Am Not Gay Right But I Love You For Fixing My You Tube. I Can Now Watch Videos On You Tube.lol

Monday, February 12, 2007 10:04 PM
  • In most situation, the problem is about flash player.

one way is to go to the website, download one and install. However, it might not work for some users because of the security policy. The alternative way is to:

1, Locate the following path:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

2, if you find a exe file named: FlashUtil9b. Double click it and the flash player will be reinstalled or fixed.

if you find a exe file named: GetFlash. Double click it and the flash player will be downloaded and installed.

Hope this help.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:01 AM
  • I´m the designer of www.benmail.org site (benefic e-mail system) There is a link for a YouTube video. It runs ok with IE6, but  IE7 users can´t watch the video. Any solution? Thanks
    Monday, March 05, 2007 10:33 PM
  • OK,

I had complete success by first uninstalling the flash player that Victor Zamora suggested then installed the debugger alone hullaballoo suggested and youtube works perfectly.

Thanks to both of you!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:19 PM
  • THANK YOU!!!
    Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:45 PM
  •  royal wrote:

Friend of mine was trying to show me a video that my friend made, so he uploaded it through YouTube. He gave me the link to view his video on YouTube. The video doesn't play on IE7, but does play on IE6. I tried to enable all ActiveX, no luck. Is there any alternative? Thanks for you time.

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:18 PM
  • much better, thanks  (y)
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:51 PM
  • ALL i want to say is thank you very much!!

IT REALLY HELPS!!

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:54 PM
  • Thank you hullaballoo. Your post solved my Flash/IE7 problem, where no Flash content worked. I was getting the error ...you do not have the latest Flash player installed... I did but it didn't work until I downloaded the debugger and ran it courtesey of your link.

Many thanks
    Friday, April 06, 2007 7:42 AM
  • my youtube hasn't been working for a while now and i've tried desperately to fix it.  I have no idea what to do and i have tried all of the above! Nothing works!!! To the person who can fix my computer, i'll love you forever!!!!!   thanks for helping.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:09 AM
  • Thanks...  Could you tell me what the original error message or result was that you were recieving before you applied the fix?

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:27 PM
  • Hi..

I have IE 7.0 64 bit edition and I still not able to view you tube videos....it is showing flash player not compatible with 64 bit.

my 32 bit IE 7.0 does show that but i cannot close it on demand..the entire system hangs.

please help..I have licensed xp 64 bit edition and IE7 64 and 32

Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:02 AM
  • I had a similar problem with Flash not installing correctly on IE7.  I was trying to actually run a program called EA Download Manager (which is a pile of *** in itself since EA is a craptastic game company) and I could not get the program to work for the life of me.  I kept getting an error msg saying I needed to install a flash player plug-in.  Problem I was having was that I HAD one installed in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and it was working, in FireFox that is... in IE7 it was a different story.  Everytime I would accept the EADM error prompt and connect to the internet for the flash download, I'd re-download it (on both FireFox and IE7 being that FireFox is my default viewer and apparently EADM uses IE7 without any documentation saying so.)  On FireFox I would always get the flash msg that it was correctly installed but on IE7 I would get nothing.  Now, of course Electronic Arts and Adobe had no publications on how interelated the IE7 plugins and the program were, by simple logic of how Microsoft and EA are both craptastic companies in terms of propriatary usage of their programs and services I connected the two together.  Enough ranting, onto the fix.

A fix for Flash Installation Problems in XP SP:2 where the Flash 9 Player does not install correctly on IE7 but works fine on FireFox or other browser:

I simply had to do some digging around and decided since nothing else was working I would mess around with my registery files and see if indeed they were corrupted.  It took me about 6 hours of troubleshooting but I found out that I needed to add my Administrator Account to the Register's Permission entry.  It was actually a very simple fix.

1) Click 'Start' go to 'Run'

2) type in "regedit" click 'Ok'

3) Right-click HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and select 'Permissions...'

4) Click 'Advanced' and view the information there.  If your user account is not listed there then that is the problem.  Even if it is listed you may not have the right access listings to successfully install Adobe Flash Player.

5) Simply 'Add' yourself into it by selecting 'Add' and then choosing 'Advanced'.

6) Now, just look for your Administrator account by selecting 'Find Now' and clicking on your account.

7) Click 'Add' a couple times once you've highlighted your account and then give yourself full privelages and click 'Ok'.

8) Now simply run the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller and try to install it again right off of the website.

These 8 simple steps made my XP IE7 and EA Download Manager work like champs despite the lack of support from EA, Microsoft, or Adobe concerning their products.  Now, it looks like I can download BF2142: Northern Strike and Crysis when it debuts without any problems whatsoever.

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:40 AM
  • Ok I did all of that but after restarting my computer I have problem again? No body can help me? I cald microsoft they didn't know what to do I cald adobe the same answear ? I need your help. I have same problem for lllllllloooooooooongg time !!!! HELP

Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:24 AM
  • thanks i sure you will sold the problem thanks again

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:32 PM
  • are you find out now

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:24 AM
  •  royal77332 wrote:

Friend of mine was trying to show me a video that my friend made, so he uploaded it through YouTube. He gave me the link to view his video on YouTube. The video doesn't play on IE7, but does play on IE6. I tried to enable all ActiveX, no luck. Is there any alternative? Thanks for you time.

youtube.com is working

please

Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:31 AM
  •  royal77332 wrote:

Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:47 AM
  • How completly reinstall base of ie, or registry sets?
    See my screenshot -
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8895/allflvproblemga3.png

I tryed reinstall ie 7 and 6 , reinstall adobe flash .ocx (swf played, flv -not!) , reset to default internet setting, enable all security off - no result - all FLV video no load on any site !
    (sorry for bad english)

Friday, November 23, 2007 3:13 PM
  • I've been struggling with this for two days installing, updating rebooting etc because, as I found out eventually. no videos were playing in IE7 at all but everthing worked OK in Firefox. I then remembered that I had installed RealPlayer to listen to BBC radio (in Firefox) and that had obviously taken over the streaming duties in IE7. To check I uninstalled RealPlayer and the videos in IE7 are now working. Now I have to reinstall RealPlayer without it taking over the whole system.

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:26 PM
  •  

i tried but i couldnt do it is there another way bcuz my youtube isnt working at all11
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:21 PM
  • please could you help me aswell.. iv tried everything thats written here.. but no solutionSad(

i still cant open www.youtube.com...

when i do this mesaage comes out...

what can i do about this.... please please please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:04 PM
  • Thank you hullaballo!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:20 AM
  •  Jammie Ji wrote:

In most situation, the problem is about flash player.

one way is to go to the website, download one and install. However, it might not work for some users because of the security policy. The alternative way is to:

2, if you find a exe file named: FlashUtil9b. Double click it and the flash player will be reinstalled or fixed.

if you find a exe file named: GetFlash. Double click it and the flash player will be downloaded and installed.

Hope this help.

Thanks!!! This was the perfect fix for my situation. I was also having trouble with videos not playing in IE, though they worked fine in Firefox. I had not been able to update the Flash Player from the Adobe site, even though it showed as being loaded properly. However, when I looked at the exe file (see path in Jammie's post) it still showed as several months old. I did as Jammie suggested and when I double clicked on the FlashUtil9b file, it prompted me to update it. I did that, restarted the computer, and now videos show on IE!!! Thanks again, Jammie Ji.

Friday, April 18, 2008 3:04 PM
  • I cannot get youtube to "load" correctly.  The videos are in a straight line down the left side of the screen, at the bottom it says "error on page" and it says once you click a video along with the info about the video down the left side of the screen, " you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player."  I have reloaded flash player, and gone into java where everything is marked "enabled"  Have gone through this forum and tried all the advise here also.  Still nothing.  What could be wrong??  It was working fine two days ago?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:39 PM
  • I have the same problem. I receive flash errors on youtube and all the pages are on the left hand side of the screen in a line. I have also recently begun to have major problems with 4od which i bet is to do with the same thing. Have tried for hours to sort it, searching the internet for solutions and fixes and have tried everything i've come across to no avail. Pleeeeeeease help.

Rob

Friday, May 02, 2008 10:56 PM
  • Here's something that's worked so far(2 days) for me.  Go to www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Find,run and install #77 and "disable" of #91   #77 alone may solve the problem.  #91 alone definitely did not.

Good luck

Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:04 PM
  • hello i need help like everyone i have window vista 32bit and i tryied everything that has been posted i need help men

Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:56 PM
  •  chefr wrote:

I cannot get youtube to "load" correctly.  The videos are in a straight line down the left side of the screen, at the bottom it says "error on page" and it says once you click a video along with the info about the video down the left side of the screen, " you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player."  I have reloaded flash player, and gone into java where everything is marked "enabled"  Have gone through this forum and tried all the advise here also.  Still nothing.  What could be wrong??  It was working fine two days ago?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Thats exactly the same problem that I've been having.. Anyone know enough about the subject to help me?

• Proposed as answer by WD27 Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:02 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:14 AM
  • Downloading the debugger worked for me!  Thank you so much!

Friday, June 13, 2008 7:37 PM
  •  South park 428 wrote:
     chefr wrote:

I cannot get youtube to "load" correctly.  The videos are in a straight line down the left side of the screen, at the bottom it says "error on page" and it says once you click a video along with the info about the video down the left side of the screen, " you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player."  I have reloaded flash player, and gone into java where everything is marked "enabled"  Have gone through this forum and tried all the advise here also.  Still nothing.  What could be wrong??  It was working fine two days ago?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Thats exactly the same problem that I've been having.. Anyone know enough about the subject to help me?

Any more help

Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:03 AM
  •  Danish01 wrote:
     South park 428 wrote:
     chefr wrote:

Any more help

I was having the same problem.  I found this link on Microsoft's website.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378  Go to method 3.  Basically you just type "sfc /scannow" in Start->Run.  Then, restart your computer afterwards.  It fixed that exact problem for me.  Good luck.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:59 PM
  • this works! good job!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:11 PM
  • Hi,

I've had the same problem with Vista Ultimate.  For whatever reason, I started having problmes with:

1. Adobe Flash Player not working (couldn't see Youtube videos).  I had to un-install the flash player, then re-install to play youtube videos (flash player videos).  Upon reboot, the same problem would occur....I simply had put shortcuts to the un-install.exe file on my desktop as well as html link to the download/install of flash player every time I rebooted, I'd have to do the same thing.
    2. Windows Media Player wouldn't play .wmv files????  I would play them with other video software, but not with Windows Media Player.  The same .wmv files would work on another computer with WinXP, so it wasn't the files.

I started suspecting permissions, and didn't want to completely drop all restrictions, but couldn't figure out exactly how to give me the permissions (although my login was a named login with 'administrator' rights, I've since found out this isn't the same as logging in as 'Administrator').

Solution => I changed the login so that it wouldn't hide the Administrator login Icon in the login window (yea, I changed it from automatic login to welcome screen login)....and login as ADMINISTRATOR and NOT AS SOME OTHER LOGIN ACCOUNT (even if listed as having 'administrative' privelages).

All is well with WMV files.....then I checked Youtube, and found that problem is fixed as well, even after reboots.  So it must have something to do with privelages (or lack thereof) in the named accounts relative to administrative logins.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:20 PM
  •  

Thanks Jammie Ji Its works
    Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:33 PM
  • I tried this and everything else such as ininstalling flash and reinstalling. JavaScript is on.

2, if you find a exe file named: FlashUtil9b. Double click

Last night youtube worked fine then this moring it doesn't but I have not changed anything on my system. I cannot underdstand why it no longer plays any vids.

Any suggestions other complete reinstall of everything.

I wish YouTube would give more information Sad

Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:12 AM
  • Go to adobe site & download latest version of flash...then install it... you should be able to see youtube videos.... also check if your system supports latest flash or not?

crm software development
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:46 AM
  • ok, everytime i go on youtube, i click on a video, and it comes up sayin that either my javascript is turned off (its not) or i dont have the newest flash player. i have tried downloading the flash player countless times, dont know what to try now as it still says that messege. can any1 help?

Monday, August 18, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Were did you find internet options...and lolz it's been 2 years xD
    Saturday, September 06, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Thanks a lot for this post, it really solved my problem which was allmost the same as yours. I'd been trying to find a solution for this issue in other forums but they just didn't work out.
    Cheers, Vendetton
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:49 PM
  •  hullaballoo wrote:

the problem i found was a missing registry item {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

if you go to this site http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

then download  the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.22 MB) run the installation & it will put this missing registry item in.

then the youtube videos should work with IE7 

NOTE: When i ran the installation i ran into an error but i chose to ignore it and let it run anyway. Also if you run a registry cleaner program make sure you exclude (so it does not strip this reference) {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} otherwise you will have to re-install the above or manually put them back in.

OMG, THank YOU!

I thought i screwed up my comp from just yesterday...thank you...thank you!!!

Monday, September 15, 2008 1:51 AM
  • I tried downloading the debugger and uninstall and reinstall - none of that worked on my Dell xp ie7 jscript runtime error

I get a menu box: Runtime error - do you wish to debug

If I say yes, I see:

"Runtime script error, object expected "  in a box along with code displayed in the visual editor that looks like <script   language="javascript" type="text/javascript...........  

the text cannot be copied and pasted

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:18 AM
  •  

Comece o dia com um Sorriso
    Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:01 PM
  • I was facing the same problems . Youtube is banned by my ISP.

I resolve this problem by visiting www.videosea.co.cc & www.videopk.co.cc
    These videos loads & search youtube videos more faster and also are
    not banned by ISPs

Hope this help you!

Taqi Hasnain

Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:24 AM
  •  

Finally something that worked!!!  Thank you so much!

Cyn

Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:38 AM
  • Rebert (Hullaballo) ,

Thank you very much. Youtube video started working after installing  Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.22 MB). I have been trying to solve this issue for last one week.

Regards,

Gopal

Friday, November 14, 2008 2:53 AM
  • Jammie Ji said:

Hope this help.

Thank you so much, it was a great big help.

ddmak
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:37 AM
  • When I enter my correct username and pw, YouTube does not give any error messages.  Instead, it takes me to back to the opening page.  I created a new YouTube account from scratch with a new username and pw.  Same problem.  YouTube help reply was to clear cookies, etc.  I did that.  From what I can tell it is something to do with my browser.  I also downloaded the latest updates for IE from MS. Very, very frustrating and time consuming. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:19 PM
  •  Jammie Ji wrote:

Hope this help.

Thanks!!! This was the perfect fix for my situation. I was also having trouble with videos not playing in IE, though they worked fine in Firefox. I had not been able to update the Flash Player from the Adobe site, even though it showed as being loaded properly. However, when I looked at the exe file (see path in Jammie's post) it still showed as several months old. I did as Jammie suggested and when I double clicked on the FlashUtil9b file, it prompted me to update it. I did that, restarted the computer, and now videos show on IE!!! Thanks again, Jammie Ji.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:01 AM
  •  thank you ,thank you ,you know how much you helped me ,i can,t believe it worked    thanks really
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:35 PM
  • I had problems watching videos on youtube with IE7 on Vista. I got an error message saying that I should update my Flash Player or that I had javascript inactivated. Since my javascript was already activated I suspected that there was something wrong with my Flash Player installation.

This is how I solved the problem:

1. Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
    2. Download Adobe Flash Player 10 Update for Windows. Save to local directory.
    3. When downloaded go to directory in folder \Players\Release\.
    4. Right click on "Install Flash Player 10 ActiveX.exe" and Run as Administrator.
    5. Right click on "Install Flash Player 10 Plugin.exe" and Run as Administrator.

Then it worked again!
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:07 PM
  • Note the IE user forum is on answers.microsoft.com. This forum is for help in writing IE-aware web sites.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:31 PM
  • I had the same issue and i solved it....this happens due to a problem in settings....all you need to do is to restore all internet explorer settings to default..got to internet explorer options-------then advanced.....then restore settings (not advanced settings).....it'll restore all settings...and when you will visit youtube again....inshallah it won't show that problem.............
    Sunday, July 01, 2012 8:34 AM