none
the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation

Question

• the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation. I installed windows xp, everytime I click on a link this message pops up, what do I need to do? IT says this question has been answered already but when i click on the link the pop up reappears
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:29 AM

Answers

• hi moses13,

try these steps and check if they can fix your issues

Step 1: Uninstall Internet Explorer 7/8

Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK. It may take several seconds for your computer to compile a list of programs.
    Scroll down through the list and click Windows Internet Explorer X, and then click Remove.

Step 2: Verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored
    To verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored, follow these steps:

In the Open box, type iexplore. Windows Internet Explorer opens.
    On the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer. The About Internet Explorer window opens.
    If the Version number begins with 6, you have successfully uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and restored Internet Explorer 6.

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• hi moses13,

try these steps and check if they can fix your issues

Step 1: Uninstall Internet Explorer 7/8

In the Open box, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK. It may take several seconds for your computer to compile a list of programs.
    Scroll down through the list and click Windows Internet Explorer X, and then click Remove.

Step 2: Verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored
    To verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored, follow these steps:

In the Open box, type iexplore. Windows Internet Explorer opens.
    On the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer. The About Internet Explorer window opens.
    If the Version number begins with 6, you have successfully uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and restored Internet Explorer 6.

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:05 AM
  • I'm encountering this problem on a system which does not have IE7/8 installed, so that's clearly not the only thing going on; IE6 also displays this message under some circumstances..

Granted, this is an unusual situation.. a machine went down, we think to lightning, and I moved the drive to a new computer, which caused windows to need activation all over again.  It was not possible to activate, however, thanks to this issue.  For some reason, installing a second instance of XP solved the activation problems of this instance, but evidently it still has internet problems; it even displays that message when I attempt to access the router's http config IP.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:14 PM
  • I recently solved this problem, it was easy if you try and search a URL on the address bar of your internet explorer and it comes up as this

"The requested look up key was not found in any activation content"

Follow these instructions to solve this problem

1. right click on Internet Explorer icon on your desktop (not a short-cut)

2. click on properties

3. then click on advanced

4. then go down to were it says SHOW FRIENDLY URL's and tick the box

That is it, try your browser now. 

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:11 PM