none
"Requested lookup key" IE7 Problem

Question

• Please help!

I just set up my new PC with Windows XP and after installing IE7, when i try to go on any website it launches a pop-up, stating "The requested look up key was not found in any activation context" and doesnt launch any webpages. Yet Mozilla Firefox works fine.

Please reply back with a solution anyone :o)

-Callum

Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:52 PM

Answers

• Uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs, click Show Updates and select Windows Internet Explorer 7.0. When you reinstall it, make sure you reboot immediately after you install.

After all the years of excellent Microsoft products, I'm disappointed with Microsoft for releasing IE7 with basic install bugs. It must have caused non-technical users a great deal of headaches and I hope Microsoft gets their act together.

I hope that helps,

Brian

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:11 AM
  •  

Ok.. I found the solution... its the tabbing page of IE7 that is causing the upgraded IE6 to give the 'lookup key error'

Basically after installing xp pro, It runs like IE6, but with IE7 engine behind.

So the only solution is to uninstall IE7 manually to revert to IE6 interface:

see link below (method 2) :

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2006/12/21/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-version-7-method-2/

To uninstall IE7 - :

Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe,

Hope it helps! cos I solved my problem already.

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We are aware of this issue only in the event of not rebooting the machine after installing IE7. Hopefully, a reboot should fix the problem, have you tried this yet?

Regards,

Wesley

• Proposed as answer by stankim Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:35 AM
    Thursday, January 11, 2007 5:49 PM
  • This happened to me after Windows updating its media player.
    IE does not work any more with the message "requested lookup key ..."
    Of course, I rebooted.

Any help? Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:38 AM
  •  Wesley Brandi - MSFT wrote:

Hi,

We are aware of this issue only in the event of not rebooting the machine after installing IE7. Hopefully, a reboot should fix the problem, have you tried this yet?

Regards,

Wesley

I uninstalled IE7 and installed again, this time making sure i rebooted the computer, and my problem is now solved. Must have just been me being a little lazy when installing new programmes to my new computer.

Thanks for your help - Callum

Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:17 AM
  • Hi

I have the same problem with IE7 and it's not resolved even after I uninstalled & reinstalled & rebooted the computer, I noticed there're a few people out there having the same problem... Can anyone help please?

Joyce
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:30 PM
  • help me too cuz i cant even reinstall it cuz it wont let me, it gives me the stupid error 'the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context' like 4-5 times
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:22 AM
  • Uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs, click Show Updates and select Windows Internet Explorer 7.0. When you reinstall it, make sure you reboot immediately after you install.

After all the years of excellent Microsoft products, I'm disappointed with Microsoft for releasing IE7 with basic install bugs. It must have caused non-technical users a great deal of headaches and I hope Microsoft gets their act together.

I hope that helps,

Brian

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:11 AM
  • Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Brian!
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:28 PM
  • I upgraded from xp home with IE7 installed, to winxp pro which installed IE6 over the existing IE7 from winxp home. I get the same active activation context message. There are no entries associated with IE anything in add/remove programs. This is quite a problem it seems.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:04 PM
  • I need help too.

I have the same error as Callum, but I don't know how to reinstall Internet Explorer if I uninstall it first.  I would prefer not to install Firefox on my computer.  Does anyone have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:51 AM
  • Following up on my post. After an incredible number of tech support calls and many many hours of troubleshooting, yes indeed, Microsoft tech support could not help and I was advised to reformat the harddrive and reinstall. Part of the issue arose from the corrupted browser making it impossible to activate the new xp pro install which proved impossible to overcome. Not at all happy about how this has been handled!
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:48 PM
  • I've also had a problem (twice actually) trying to install IE7 on my Dell Notebook with Win XP Pro. Both times I couldn't browse after the install and there were no options to uninstall. If I recall correctly I had to reformat just to get back to factory settings.

It could be that I didn't reboot after installation but I'm not prepared to try it again after such dramas before.

Regards,

Alan

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:33 AM
  • I have upgraded from xp home to xp pro (using the upgrade package). But I previously used IE7 before i upgrade to xp pro. The same problem.

The context lookup key not found.. is really irritating!!!

I bought ALL licensed copies of Win XP OS and now they claim they are not geunine etc... please!

Can Microsoft come out with a patch to fix this problem?

Friday, February 23, 2007 4:44 AM
  •  

Ok.. I found the solution... its the tabbing page of IE7 that is causing the upgraded IE6 to give the 'lookup key error'

Basically after installing xp pro, It runs like IE6, but with IE7 engine behind.

So the only solution is to uninstall IE7 manually to revert to IE6 interface:

see link below (method 2) :

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2006/12/21/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-version-7-method-2/

To uninstall IE7 - :

Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe,

Hope it helps! cos I solved my problem already.

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:50 AM
  • Thanks Tommylowtm!!

I've been reading and trying dozens of tips but this was the one that helped us out.

We upgraded 3 Win XP Home with IE7 to XP Pro SP2 which installed IE6 on top of IE7. Except for the "lookup key error", we also got problems with MS Outlook.

The uninstall of IE7 fixed everything.

Thanks again!

/M

aktiveringskontext

PS. Adding the above to help other desperate Swedish users searching Google... ;-) DS.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:44 AM
  • It's not true.  Multiple rebooting does not help.  Attempts to use Restore did not restore. I even cannot load Firefox.  Also, MS IE 07 highjacked my home page and put instead msn. What a ***! 

I need to uninstall IE 7 and put back IE 6.  I would like to load Firefox, just for balance!  But now I cannot go to any website in address bar or through Searc: the same "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context"

Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:24 AM
  • I finally uninstalled IE 7 using Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.  Then I rebooted my XP Pro SP2.  Then clicked on the old IE as somebody suggested (thanks!).  IE 6 launched.  Then I closed it, rebooted again, and downloaded Firefox, for the balance.  It did not highjack my home page. 

I wish MS send me an official notification when they fix this IE 7 problem. 

If this was really caused by not immediately reboting after the install, then they should warn a user, before downloading the software, about the necessity to immeidately reboot the PC.  Then, after the install, another message should be displayed that they are deadly serious about the reboot.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:23 AM
  • I completely agreed with ak8888's comments. My IE7 was installed via automatic updates (big mistake) and I did reboot straight afterwards but still I have this problem, I read it somewhere the problem was probably due to ZoneAlarm being installed....Anyway afterwards I had problems uninstalling IE7 and both 'control panel>remove programs' and 'run' command methods suggested by MS didn't work. Frustrated with my limited computer knowledge and failure to find any easy/any solution on this subject, I could only reinstall XP Pro SP2 and stick with IE6, well Firefox mainly.

So my points are that
    1) the problem is not solely due to not immediately rebooting after the install
    2) Uninstall/reinstall IE7 and reboot immediately afterwards MS suggested methods only work for some users
    3) As ak8888 suggested MS should warn users when download IE7
    4) As I noticed there're plenty users have encountered this problem, isn't it reasonable for the MS, as the service provider, to address this problem and provide possible solutions in accessible means (e.g. publishing it on the IE7 product info website)?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:09 PM
  • I have the solution:

1. unhidde files and folders

2. unhidde windows operational system files

3. open windows file

4 find IE7 folder (is was hidde)

5. double click it

6 unistall explorer 7

Problem solved!!!!!

Your default explorer wil be 6, after that you can upgrade it to 7 again

• Proposed as answer by Phaedra Cook Friday, April 09, 2010 1:11 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:07 PM
  • THANK U

THIS HELPED ME

ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM, DO THIS, IT WORKS

THANKS BRIANC1231

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:09 PM
  • Hay, this happened to me as soon as I installed the new version of
    Windows Media Player. Now I'm trying to fix this annoying prob. I wander how..
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:12 PM
  • After performing an update to Ie7 I too now get the error "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation control" whenever I try to go to any internet site.  In addition, my HR BLock Tax program is no longer working properly!!!  Going to try your suggested fix.  Really need to finish up my taxes!  Hope it work!    A great big THANKS if it does.
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:38 PM
  • Here is the solution (s) that i found in my research of this, just another Microsoft Screw-up:

If Uninstalling IE7 from the add remove programs and then rebooting dosent seem to want to give you back controll of your computer and the evil Micro-soft still has its claws in your poor machine below is method #2 which seems to be working for most people, no matter what O/S, how IE7 was installed  or how much trouble its giving you.

THERE IS NO NEED TO REFORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVES!!

Method 2: Run the Spuninst.exe program that is in the IE7 folder

If you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 by using Method 1, use the uninstaller file that is available in the IE7 folder to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.Note In this command, %windir% points to the Drive:\Windows folder. The placeholder Drive represents the hard disk partition that contains the Windows operating system files. By default, the IE7 folder is a hidden folder. Therefore, you may have to make this folder visible. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Windows Explorer.
      2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
      3. Click the View tab.
      4. In the Advanced settings list, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
    2. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
    3. After you uninstall Internet Explorer 7, double-click the Internet Explorer icon to verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored.”

WARNING! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN PERIL. AND I WOULD MAKE A RESTORE POINT FIRST !

• Proposed as answer by poppyal1 Friday, July 03, 2009 8:27 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:05 AM
  • I did the uninstal from command line and all my problems were fixed...its a miracle!

Jay (Hates Puteys)

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:10 PM
  • Many thanks for the tip!!!

I had the same problem, followed your instructions and it fixed now!!! I can browse the internet without any problems.

Fantastic !

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:02 AM
  • I used the website based update.

In restarted without deferring the reboot notice, although I did have a couple of other programs open, I let windows close them automatically.

I got the problem.

The re-install solution worked, but please note it is in your Add/Remove programs as "WINDOWS Internet Explorer 7", not Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.  This had me foxed for a minute or two.

Strange descision to re-brand, but there we go.

Adam
    Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:20 PM
  • Thank you, good and effective idea. Really works.

Gracias

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:46 AM
  • SOLUTION:

INSTALL MOZILLA FIREFOX if you can, If you already have it great.

If not , download FIREFOX to another computer and save to a CD/DVD ROM and use the DVD/CD to install software on your computer.

Go to: www.microsoft.com

Download and install IE7 again through FIREFOX.

This worked for me. Of course, it only took me 3 weeks to get to this point.

We tend to live in 'microsoftcentric' universe, where we do not perceive of other solutions.

What bothers me  is this solution was so simple.

S*&% Happens.  Hope this works for everyone else.

Mike

Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:48 PM
  • I am unable to surf the next when I try I get a window reading requested look up key was not found in any active activation context.  Can some please advise me.

thanks!

Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:23 AM
  • Many thanks - worked like a charm.
    Boris
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:15 PM
  • I have the same problem..... My IE7 worked just fine one day and the next day it wouldn't work at all.. I called my internet company to find out if it were my internet connection cause that's what it was saying whenever i click into IE7, but they couldn't figure it out.  So i just deleted IE7 and continue my internet searches on Firefox.. I miss the internet explorer though.. it was really handy.. Now i am trying to redownload it onto my computer other wise my Windows Live OneCare doesn't work properly unless i have the latest version of Internet Explorer, but when i go to update it, firefox doesn't pop up a window for me to down load it.. and it's not cause of my pop up blocker either.. i have checked into that already! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:41 PM
  • I have been having this same problem. 
    When I try to uninstall IE7, I get two messages, one simply says "Access is denied." the other says "Internet Explorer was not uninstalled." Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Friday, May 04, 2007 5:18 AM
  • I just started getting this error this morning shortly after Windows Update automatically installed this month's patches. I can get to non-Microsoft sites in IE, however, the error pop-up appears whenever I try to get to www.microsoft.com or update.microsoft.com. I have rebooted and that did NOT help.  Help please...

David
    Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:01 PM

• Used this fix and worked for me. http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2006/12/21/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-version-7-method-2/
    Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Does anyone have any other suggestions. None of the above work. Not a newbie; but this is my son's (8yrs) machine. AV software expired and he was infected but now cleared up (per 4 AV products, and three Bot removers) Problem is that I (yeah the one who  "knows"  what he is doing ) installed IE 7 and then encountered this issue. I can do a search and click on a list entry and it works. But not typing in address line, not desktop shortcuts, not toolbar links and not Favorites!

Have since installed Firefox but cannot seem to make it default (for desktop shortcuts). For the record I DID NOT migrate any settings to Firefox. 

When I remove IE7, subsequent boot Still displays IE 7 in "About". It does NOT completely return to IE 6. OS is Win XP Pro SP2 2160 orig build.

Please help, it would take weeks to rebuild this from scratch like he has it.

Sys Restore is not an option AV cleaning ensured that!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:16 AM

• Better check again. I did re-boot immediately after installing, got the error. Removed with Add/Delete Progs. rebooted after Delete (still have pblm) re-installed (still have Pblm) Removed by Running remove program (referenced elsewhere in thread) rebooted immediately both times no change. Please help
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:23 AM

• If you can get to your home screen, do a search on what you want. Mine worked with both Win Live and Google (and I can click on a list entry and get new screen) Worth a shot if you don't have access to another computer
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Dear All

i am finding a problem starting the com+ located in the component services, when i try to refresh the service i get

The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context
     error message, any ideas

Thanks,

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:14 AM

• Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. All of your suggestions were done long before I posted on this forum. They don't work (at least not for me)
    Friday, July 20, 2007 3:39 PM
  • I have a strange look up problem!

There's a group of post graduate students that have our own websites on the university server. I can see mine and a few other sites just fine, but there are some people who's sites I can not acces, because I get the lookup key... problem.

Oddly enough, all those sites were made with Microsoft Publisher and do not work properly if viewed with Fireforx (mine's made with Publisher too, but works OK - and in Firefox too, except for the sounds). So is there something on the server, my computer or the website?
    Sunday, December 02, 2007 6:33 PM
  • i know this is late and all, but is there a reason you done want FireFox installed, even if you dont use it, having a seconday web browser can be a wonderfull thing, where i work we have seen IE get so broken it become useless, then your REALLY stuck and get download patches, or find fixes unless you have multiple machines, and then you have to deal with getting said patches or other things to the broken computer, if you have FF atleast you can get around most of that...

I know this isnt all that helpfull to the original thread and every thing else, but just trying to get the word out, i personally dont like FF, so im not a fanboy going around spreading the news, but i do have it installed, just in case.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:38 AM
  • Copied from an email to the windows live team. This forum put me on the right road, although I had a few other anomallies! Thanks to everyone who's contributed here. My problems started after a windows update in mid december. I also updated messenger live to 8.5 and had live plus installed. any site that required a Live ID would not work.

It's OK, I managed to solve the problem myself. I went to add/remove and attempted to add/remove windows components using my XP SP2 disc. This failed, giving me an error about being unable to locate SCHANNEL.dll along with some other errors when I clicked the box. I browsed the XP cd and copied the file to my windows32 folder and remamed it (it was SCHANNEL.DL_). I then ran sfc /scannow, I can't remember if it was at this point that windows defender was able to update definitions but IE7 gave me a new error when I tried to use messenger,live spaces etc, "The requested look up key was not found in any activation context". This rendered IE7 inoperable. After this, I noticed in add/remove that IE7 didn't have an option to remove it. I tried windows installer clean up utility but there were no entries for IE7. I manually removed IE7 from  Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe. I had to find files that the uninstaller couldn't access at the end of the uninstall (can't remember the filenames, sorry). I found these files in windows/SYSTEM32/IE7(2). I rebooted and checked to see what the version of IE was (IE6). The "Look up key" error was gone. I re-installed IE7, which I'd previously downloaded from firefox, and rebooted. It worked. I now have messenger 8.1, can access hotmail, live spaces and I can also use the windows update site, RESULT!
    Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:04 AM
  • anyone help us????

Thanks!

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:36 PM
  • After reading this thread I am a little surprised at the number of people that have the ability to troubleshoot their computers but do not have any friends with Internet access to download necessary support files. 

IE7 is uninstalled in the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel and is listed as "Windows Internet Explorer".  Upon uninstalling it I was able to reboot my PC and start IE6 just fine.  However if this does not happen in your case, call a friend with a PC and access to Google and type in "install Internet Explorer" to search.  The first page on the list is the Microsoft IE download page at....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

If you are running Microsoft Windows, this page should load and allow you to download and save to disk the installation package for IE 7 and take you to that installation.  Use a thumb drive or burn it to a CD as these files are far too large for a floppy disk.

If you are certain that IE7 will not work on your PC (running legacy programs, infected with viruses preventing the installation of IE7, filled with spyware, etc.) then you can install IE6 SP1 from this location......

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.mspx

or you can download Windows XP SP3 to install IE again from this location.......

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/sp3/default.mspx

both of which can be found on the IE7 downloads home page.

If your computer cannot install any of the afforementioned packages, try running Disk Cleanup to clear any temporary files that may be corrupt and preventing the installation packages from running properly, clear out any incomplete installation instances, etc.

If after all these steps you are still unable to run Internet Explorer in any of its versions, you can either download and install Avast antivirus ( http://www.avast.com/ )to run a boot sector virus startup scan or you can format and reinstall Windows.  Many viruses can actually disable IE versions and their installation packages completely, so I would not jump to the comclusion that "Windows sucks" right off the bat.  Protecting your computer from current and zero day viruses is your responsibility by either keeping your AV protection up to date, not visiting websites that are likely to download viruses to your PC automatically or opening files that you have not scanned with a valid AV program PRIOR to opening.

I am running XP Pro using Trend Micro PC-Cillin and have been virus free and IE 6/7 robust for over three years. 

Trust me, it can be done.

Monday, August 04, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Thanks dude!
    Monday, August 11, 2008 12:30 AM
  • Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. This worked perfectly. I have tried about 6 different methods, including the numerous re-boots, setting updates as homepage and getting 7 that way to be rid of the 6/7 hybrid(this makes ie vanish totally btw) and blondfox, your solution is the only one that works.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:21 PM
  • Yup!!! 'blondfox' is 100% on. But, when I followed her instructions, I also had to do the same thing first with ie8. It removed ie8 and that put me back to ie6 with no more garbage. All is well now. Thanx, blondfox.
    Friday, July 03, 2009 8:29 PM
  • Same Stuff, Different Day (Same Problem, Different IE)... 

An Upgrade Repair Install of XP SP3 onto a laptop that *was* running SP2 / IE8 gives the well known "The requested lookup key was not found in any activation context" baloney.

IE8 uninstall via CMD.exe now becomes :
    %windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe
    and it reverted me back to IE7, not 6 :)
    7 worked fine for activation & surfing.
    Went back up to IE8.  All's well. 
    What a pain!

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:39 PM
  • I did a full update on my laptop that was already running IE7 on XP Pro.  It took 7 hours and IE8 was installed.  I thought I rebooted but I am now in the process of removing IE8 nd will see what happens.  I use Flashpeak Slimbrowser on my desktop and have had almost 0 problems with it. 

My laptop has just finished rebooting and all is well again.  I am back to IE6.

I am looking to get a new computer and everything seems to be loaded with Vista  I am under the impression that many older software programs will not run under Vista, mainly games.  What is the scoop in Windows 7?  I am seeing that it comes out next month.  Will it be backwards compatible?  Should I wait until next month and get it loaded with Windows 7?  That is a scary thought.  I haven't seen a MSversion since back in the DOS days that has worked as planned within months of being released.

I live in Mexico and you can't even buy XP on a computer down here.  It is all Vista but my Spanish is not up to snuff enough to converse about technical issues.  Any suggestions besides taking a road trip to Texas.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:50 PM
  • I had the same issue.  I have Windows XP and IE7 came installed on the computer.  My Rundll32.exe became corrupt so I had to resinstall windows.  When I turned on the computer IE7 loaded but I could not type anything into the address bar or download any programs without receiving this error.  My homepage is msn.com so I used the search bar to access the microsoft website.  I clicked on the automatic updates link and 55 updates later it prompted me to download IE8, which I did.  After a reboot and everything I am having no problems what so ever.
    Hope this helps.
    Ashley
    Friday, November 13, 2009 5:38 PM
  • I agree Brain..I finally bought  MAC and had to go to the MAC to get online to troubleshoot the dell desktop because this issue caused me to not even be able to access help
    • Proposed as answer by sonny46806 Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:49 PM
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:51 PM
  • Thanks Brian,

This same thing worked for WXPSP3 that had done an upgrade from IE6 to IE8 without rebooting right away.  Followed your steps, removed IE8, reboot, then went to update site and only installed IE8, reboot, then continued with rest of updates.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:02 PM
  • What do you do if the internet explorer 7.0 isnt showing in the add/remove program? I just got XP and IE7 and its not showing up

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:38 AM
  • same thing with ie8..........worked for me......just replace ie7 with ie8
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:54 AM
  • have the same promble but with  ie8 can you help?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 10:29 PM
  • I just replaced ie7 with ie8 like harmone said and it fixed..

Schedule employees automatically using Fendza employee scheduling software. It's freakin' employee scheduling on steroids.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 8:03 AM

I hope that helps,

Brian

Had the same problem when updating a fresh installation of XP with IE8.

Used this solution, and it worked like a charm.

Sean

Friday, August 27, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Instead of complaining about something that someone else does, you should do it yourself. Go code an OS man, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 2:40 PM

I hope that helps,

Brian

Your answer is very helpful, Thanks! 
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Hi Guys, I just found a easier way to get rid of this issue. Go to IE7 Tools /Options and change the homepage to "http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com". Then close IE and open it again, it will launch the windows updates and will fix that  IE7 issue. Hope it helps.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:29 AM
  • That is somewhat of a copout.  We pay MS a lot of money for their OS and expect it to work as advertised.  Until someone comes up with a viable alternative that will run all the other programs out there we are stuck with MS or Apple.  I can't afford Apple so I am (and all the rest of you are) stuck with MS.  I am not saying it is a bad company it is just immature like the majority of the PC community.  If I had written and released programs that were as bug ridden as the OS's in te PC world I would not have lasted 40+ years as a business programmer.  IBM would not be around today. 
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:45 PM