none
Unverified Publisher (When running Activex control from IE)

Question

•  

Hi All,

I have created MFC Activex Control using VS 2005.And I have created .cab file(cabinet file )including .inf file into it using cabarc.exe.

And now I want to run it and register it through IE,so I created on .html page including code as below...

Code Block
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>

</HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <OBJECT ID="activex" CLASSID="CLSID:4D607033-7231-4691-9A1D-F59153330B72"
    CODEBASE="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin\Temp_Activex.cab"

</BODY>
    <HTML>

here CASSID is the CLSID of my Activex Conrol and CODEBASE is the path of the .cab file.
    And this page runs very successfully on my local PC and my Activex also runs in the Web Page.

But my problem is when I want to access this page from My Server. I Put Both .cab file and .html file on to the server and then I run this .html file then it shows Security Message of restricting the webpage from running Activex Control(top on the page).When I click on that Strip Message and Select option of Run Activex Control then one Messagebox comes with the details..

Code Block
    Do you want to run this Activex Control?

Name:name of My Activex
    Publisher : My Publisher Name (Unverified Publisher)

When I click run then nothing happens ,My Activex Control does not run or register.

I have also tried this .cab file by signing with digital signature(using signtool.exe) , But the same problem comes.

So the Moral of the story is that this error of Unverified Publisher.

So Do you have Any Idea or Suggetion?
    your Answer Will be Appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Bhatt
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:00 AM

All replies