none
Web Platform Customization

Question

• This is concerning the "Web Platform Customization."  I have been having problems with my Internet Explorer in which my home page is reverted to igoogle and I am not able to change the home page back to what I want.  By experimentation I found that by completely uninstalling IE from my computer and reinstalling it, it would work fine for a week or so.  My original thought was a homepage hijacker and I scanned with everything I could think of find the culprit with no luck.  I tried many fixes from online sources also with no luck, then yesterday when I deleted and reinstalled my IE for the first time it registered with me that I got a message on reboot stating that Web Platform Customization is no longer required and was being uninstalled.  For some reason, after a few days of use the Web Platform Customization is reinstalled in the background.  This locks my IE homepage to Igoogle and will not allow me to edit the registry value manually even after opening regedit as administrator and changing ownership of the registry value to my administrator account.  How can I disable this Web Platform Customization?  It has me seriously considering switching to a Google Chrome browser because the Chrome browser is not affected by this Microsoft endorsed Malware.  The only software I have installed in the last 4 months has been Microsoft Office 2013.

Larry Smith

Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Larry,

wrong forum....

for consumer help with IE please post to http://answers.microsoft.com with details of your windows and IE versions.

Professional and Enterprise editions of windows include the msconfig utility which you can use to disable items in your windows startup list.... Software can be removed from your computer from the Programs and features control panel.

Web Platform Customization - contains software from a number of third-parties. Please read the EULA.

this forum is for questions about html, css and scripting for website developers using msie browsers.

Rob^_^

Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:34 AM