none
Size Limit and Max. Number of Cookies in IE 6 and above

Question

• Hi-

Can you please advise is there a Size limit and maximum number of Cookies that can be supported in IE 6.0 and above?

Or, if you can advise the standards that IE 6 and above is following (like RFC 2109), I can figure this information.

I found the following article in KB, however it is not applied to IE 6 and above.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306070/en-us

The requirement I am trying to resolve by using Cookie is-

I have a form (built using ASP.NET AJAX) with a Preview image. Upon clicking on the Preview image, I will need to open a new window containing the information entered from the parent form. Since the site is built using MVP (Model View Presenter), I will have to use the “View” to read the values rather just using Javascript. I am trying to avoid “Post back” and use of “Session State” as an alternate mechanism. As the user enters information in a form, I will build an XML document using AJAX (with-out explicit post back) and will store in Cookie. In the Preview form, I will read the XML from Cookie for further handling. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prabhu

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:49 PM

All replies

• Actually you do not need to use cookies in that case, as you can access form elements from the child window. As far as I remember you can use window.opener for that

Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:47 PM