none
Internet Explorer Script Error when printing with IE8

Question

• We have developed an application which uses reuses MSHTML to print HTML text. When our application attempts to print HTML, the following error is displayed:

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 2570
    Char: 1
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

The page does not print.  This error started happening when upgrading to IE8 from IE7 on Windows XP.

This error happens when printing any HTML page from our application. It does not happen when printing from the browser.

When the print dialog is displayed, if you press the "Print" button immediately the error does not happen. However if you wait a few seconds for the "Apply" button to become enabled, then press the "Print" button the error happens.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:46 PM

All replies

• Guess you need to create your own security manager for now. Fire a bug report on http://connect.microsoft.com/IE if you are an IE8 beta tester.
    MSMVP VC++
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:11 PM
  • I am having the same problem. Did anyone find out how to stop this error. It gets frustrating. Thanks!!
    Friday, July 17, 2009 1:14 AM
  • We have developed an application which uses reuses MSHTML to print HTML text. When our application attempts to print HTML, the following error is displayed:

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 2570
    Char: 1
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

The page does not print.  This error started happening when upgrading to IE8 from IE7 on Windows XP.

This error happens when printing any HTML page from our application. It does not happen when printing from the browser.

When the print dialog is displayed, if you press the "Print" button immediately the error does not happen. However if you wait a few seconds for the "Apply" button to become enabled, then press the "Print" button the error happens.

I get the same problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks,!!!!
    Friday, July 17, 2009 1:16 AM
  • I am going through the exact same problem when I upgraded from IE7 to IE8 with that exact error message word for word. I have not reverted back to IE7 because I want to use it as a last resort. I have defaulted all IE8 settings, reinstalled Office 2003 (Issue is Outlook related when printing), re-registered all IE8 files using ie8-rereg (http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en), REGSVR32 OLE32.DLL, and re-installed Windows Scripting with no luck to a resolution. Anyone here have any ideas on a fix for this yet? Thanks.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Have you found a fix for this yet?  Running XP Professional, Outlook 2003, and IE8.  I've tried REGSVR32 for both OLE32.DLL and a host of others.  Problem limited to printing HTML email from Outlook 2003 which is driven from IE8 (assuming that's the case).  No luck finding a fix ...

Monday, August 17, 2009 7:31 PM
  • I have tried everything I can think of with no luck at all. This appears to be a random issue with many out there using IE8. Microsoft, any hotfixes for this issue?
    • Proposed as answer by Apep Friday, October 30, 2009 8:03 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 10:39 PM
  • I have tried everything I can think of with no luck at all. This appears to be a random issue with many out there using IE8. Microsoft, any hotfixes for this issue?
    Soryy, I mind, i'm having same problem
    I'm using windows 7 Evaluation and Internet exploler 8.
    my problem same with Trishapeter
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:07 AM
  • I've ran into the same issue the workaround that you have to launch IE8 in administrator mode. This make me think there are some security restrictions that IE8 has built in causing the issue. This is in no way a fix but it is a workaround and will allow you to print pop ups. It's annoying though in that you have to accept the "make changes warning" everytime you launch the browser.

• Proposed as answer by Rollo1002 Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:05 PM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:58 PM
  • After much searching I found a fix to this problem.

My system: Win 7, ie8

I downloded this .zip file, extracted the .cmd file, and followed the directions on the site.  Tried printing and it worked perfectly (no need for a reboot).

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en

hope that helps,

dc

• Proposed as answer by Alan Araya Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:32 PM
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:07 AM
  • Thank you very much loosecannon63,

Your .cmd file helps me resolve printing problem on Win XP + IE8.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:36 AM
  • After much searching I found a fix to this problem.

My system: Win 7, ie8

I downloded this .zip file, extracted the .cmd file, and followed the directions on the site.  Tried printing and it worked perfectly (no need for a reboot).

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en

hope that helps,

dc

Unfortunately Still not working for my client, Anyone other ideas, please post.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:42 PM
  • Thank you loosecannon63! It worked!
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:38 AM
  • This print error has caused my Internet Explorer to be unusable for printing desirable info from the internet. It seems ironic that my correction was to avoid IE in favor of Firefox, which works fine. I'd be glad to go back to IE, but no correction has worked to date. Pls. advise if you are aware of a correction.

richest7

Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:43 PM
  • The correction is to correct your markup... validate at validator.w3.org

Post a link to your website the next question you have.

Rob^_^
    Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:51 PM
  • @loosecannon63

your fix worked for me. The culprit machine, in my case, was an XP machine with IE8. I appreciate your help.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:25 PM
    • Proposed as answer by AnasV Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:45 AM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Hello!

Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8 making angry.

I`am happy with Downloadmanger in Internet Explorer 9.

When have Windows 7 or Windows Vista use Internet Explorer 9. When have older system need Internet Explorer with a alternative Webbrowser.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Thank yoy very much for the great link."Loosecannon63" My PC success . I try for 6 months also re install the Window.

Again THANK You  (",)

Dear Maj23

Did you load collect file? Could you confirm you OS and try more.

• Proposed as answer by AAARRR Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:58 AM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:54 AM
  • re-instaling printer worked for me

thanks

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:54 PM