none
IE8 EULA

Question

• Hi,
    I need a copy of the IE8 EULA so that we can bring IE8 into our corporate environment.  Can anyone tell me where I can get it?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan
    Friday, January 15, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• The link on the help about screen points to the terms of use and the copyright notice. I believe IE ships under the "Windows Supplemental EULA" which is presented to you during installation (afaik). It would seem that some folk have uploaded copies of it to the internet, but of course they may have been altered or simply out of date etc... If you're a corporate customer you could also obtain the EULA through your Microsoft account manager, who would give you a more definive answer than a post on a forum :).

I'm not a Lawyer and could be widely off and the forums aren't an official support channel.  
    Friday, January 15, 2010 6:53 PM

All replies

• Help->About Internet Explorer. Then click the (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation link in the window. I am pretty sure that is the EULA, or at least one of those paragraphs are.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:11 PM
  • The link on the help about screen points to the terms of use and the copyright notice. I believe IE ships under the "Windows Supplemental EULA" which is presented to you during installation (afaik). It would seem that some folk have uploaded copies of it to the internet, but of course they may have been altered or simply out of date etc... If you're a corporate customer you could also obtain the EULA through your Microsoft account manager, who would give you a more definive answer than a post on a forum :).

I'm not a Lawyer and could be widely off and the forums aren't an official support channel.  
    Friday, January 15, 2010 6:53 PM
  • I not a lawyer either. I’ve read the licensing agreement by going to the Help Menu in my IE and selecting about and then clicking on the Microsoft Copyright logo. There seem to be a very fine point in the wording on the webpage. If I am a competitor ran a comparison of my product against a Microsoft Product and publish the results of the test, then I'm breaking an agreement because Microsoft hasn't given me permission to run their software in that manor. If I'm an independent consultant or reporter and are comparing products from different companies than I have the right to publish the results of my comparisons by thew right of Free Speech. A company doesn't have the right to “reverse-engineer” a product to learn a proprietary information and then use he proprietary information. That is definitely a copyright infringement. The Microsoft agreement also says some countries there are exceptions to certain items being copyright protected. I would think that testing a product in its "normal manner" and publishing the results of the test would be hard to contest in a court of law. In the USA, Verizon and ATT for years have been advertising that there products have less dropped calls then their competitors. Both companies have been slapped on the wrist by the Federal Government for False advertisement. What Microsoft can threaten is to take a company to court for "False Advertisement" and have a chance of winning, but won’t win for a copyright infringement.
    jdweng
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:53 PM