none
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected

Question

• Hello

while working with IE-7 everything ( web site) was working fine 

but with IE 8

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected is coming while debugging site

Pls help

Thanks

sachin

Monday, June 21, 2010 6:52 AM

All replies

• It would be helpful to solve your problem if you can write some HTML that reproduce the problem.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 21, 2010 9:32 PM
  • Actually I dont know the exact location. This error normally come in any page Here what happens is or shown as

1) A page open named like abc.aspx[dynamic] and in this page and u shown message shown as Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected comes with options Continue, Break and Ignore with debuggind stopped and yellow higlight on Onclick event of table as onclick="return TABLE1_onclick()" Detail :

where this language and onclick are not in my table tag why should they I dont know .

2) and in Solution Exporer you can see Documents get created in solution Explorer inside that u can see abc.aspx page but u can't open it and also many js files shown there Thanks

• Edited by sacchd Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:21 AM modifications
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:07 AM
  • a script debugger should tell you which object is null when you access its methods.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:22 PM
  • hi,

I am having the same issues using Internet Explorer 8. FireFox has no issues. Any project i use for Jquery or silver light has issues

I downloaded open source projects from http://jqmvcgrid.codeplex.com/ . Give the same error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: '$.jgrid' is null or not an object"

Another application from http://blog.maartenballiauw.be/post/2008/10/21/CarTrackr-Sample-ASPNET-MVC-application.aspx gives the same error.

Any advice would be helpful

• Edited by Ali_CA Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:47 PM missed the error description
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

My self also facing the same problem.

My application is working is great in both IE8 and Firefox upto now. But even if I doesn't have any changes to my app, it stops working in IE8, but the same is working again in IE7 and Firefox.

one of my team mates also having the same issue in IE8 only. what's wrong with IE8? Suddenly showing Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected, while dubugging. But in built-in debugger is not showing in which line the problem, is always showing Line1 Char1. there was nothing wrong at that location.

Please help me out if any one have solution for this.!!

Thanks, Srinivasa Rao Dhulipalla
    Mark As Answer if it helped you.
    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:05 AM
  • Give the same error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: '$.jgrid' is null or not an object" - missing or incorrect version of jQuery modules.

jscript errors - jscript is a Microsoft only type attribute value for <script> tags

eg.

<script type="text/jscript">alert('this will only show in IE browsers.');</script>

Rob^_^
    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Hi everybody,

Finally I found the solution for this. All for this is due to proxy/firewall, web monitor filter in your domain/organization is restricting the site and it blocking execution of some scripts in your page.

If you are still facing this issue, please contact your system administrator and ask him to add your site as trusted/permitted resource website.

Thanks, Srinivasa Rao Dhulipalla
    Mark As Answer if it helped you.
    Friday, February 04, 2011 9:54 AM