none
Removing ActiveX warning.

Question

• Hi. I am working on an IE add-on using C# which contains an ActiveX control. I have read other posts and have implemented IObjectSafety (GetInterfaceSafetyOptions and SetInterfaceSafetyOptions) to try to get rid of the warnings that pop up when I instantiate the ActiveX control via javascript.

It's a "safe" script now, but I am still getting a warning to the effect of "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Not Available' from 'Control name is not available'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here...".

Can someone tell me what else I have to do to entirely get rid of these warnings?  I'd like to know how to assign the name and publisher of the control too, so it doesn't show up as 'Not Available' and 'Control name is not available'.  Of course I wouldn't need to know how to do that if the warning didn't show up in the first place, so the preferred thing to do is to get rid of the warnings entirely.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:57 PM

All replies

• Hi. I am working on an IE add-on using C# which contains an ActiveX control. I have read other posts and have implemented IObjectSafety (GetInterfaceSafetyOptions and SetInterfaceSafetyOptions) to try to get rid of the warnings that pop up when I instantiate the ActiveX control via javascript.

It's a "safe" script now, but I am still getting a warning to the effect of "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Not Available' from 'Control name is not available'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here...".

Can someone tell me what else I have to do to entirely get rid of these warnings?  I'd like to know how to assign the name and publisher of the control too, so it doesn't show up as 'Not Available' and 'Control name is not available'.  Of course I wouldn't need to know how to do that if the warning didn't show up in the first place, so the preferred thing to do is to get rid of the warnings entirely.

I have this same issue. Any Solution yet?
    Joe McElprang
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:36 PM