none
Runtime error R6025

Question

•  

recently I have been getting this error:

Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplore.com

R6025 - pure vital function call

It shuts down Internet Explorer on me.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I might fix this?

Thank you for any advice in advance.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:55 PM

All replies

• Fix IE? Only Microsoft can do that. Do you think you would accept a browser claimed to be IE but is not from Microsoft?

Anyway, If you did not read the sticky thread, this is the time to read it and find what this forum is about and where to send feedback to Microsoft.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Looks pretty suspect for two reasons:

1) Internet Explorer doesn't have an iexplore.com file that ships with.  It has iexplore.exe.

2) Internet Explorer is installed in "c:\program files\internet explorer\" not "c:\program files\internetexplorer".  Note the missing space in the second one.

3) The odds of IE making a pure virtual function call are pretty low.

I suspect you have some malware installed.

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:59 AM
  •  

Im so sorry, It was simply a typing error. it is C:\program files\internet explorer\ and it is iexplore.exe (and not .com)

I will try to be more careful with my spelling from now on. With this clarified, do you have any other ideas?

Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:09 PM
  • On thing to try is to use Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Exploer (no-add ons).

If disabling add-ons fixes your problem, then you just have to figure out which one you have to uninstall.  Also, spyware scanning is good.  Use Windows Defender and/or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:54 PM
  •  

When I open up System Tools I do not see an option for "Internet Explorer"

The options I see are: Activate Windows, Backup, Character Map, Disc Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, Files and Settings Transfer Wixard, Scheduled Tasks, Security Center, System Information, and System Restore.

Am I missing a step?

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:02 AM
  • This web site is for programming questiosn. If you don't know how to use IE, I guess you don't belong here. Anyway, if you can not find a feature, usually the first thing you should do is to search in the product's help documentation.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:48 AM
  •  

jeffdav,

If you are still out there I hope that you still have the patience to respond.

I apologize if I do not have enough knowledge to afford me questions in the minds of some . . .

But I have really appreciated your help so far. Can you think of any reasons why I might not get an Internet Explorer oprion in System Tools?

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:28 AM
  • No, it is not in system tools but in control panel.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:10 PM
  •  

I would try reinstalling java run time environment . . . see  java.com

It worked for me.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 10:28 PM
  • Hi Teresa,

I'm sorry that you're getting this error and that you appear to be having trouble getting the help you need.  I believe the other posters in the thread have been trying to help, but that there's been a bit of miscommunication regarding the purpose of this forum and the problem that you've been experiencing.

First and foremost, this particular forum is design to help web site deigners/developers resolve issues their sites are having with Internet Explorer; it's not a general support avenue for Internet Explorer (those can be found here).

Now, you didn't say which version of Internet Explorer that you were using, which version of Windows you're using, or what you were doing when the error appeared.  Furthermore, the error you posted contained a few mistakes, mistakes that happened to look like the types of things that malware authors do to get hostile code on your system (that's what jeffdav was responding to).

In searching the Microsoft Help and Support Knowledgebase, I did find an article that described a message similar to the one you posted.   It addresses the following error: 

Runtime Error!
    Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
    R6025
    pure virtual function call

If you're using Internet Explorer 6 under Windows XP and you haven't taken the latest security updates, this article may explain the problem you're running into.

If this doesn't describe your situation, I recommend contacting one of the more traditional support avenues.  Please keep in mind that, when reporting problems via online communities (such as forums like this one) or tools (e.g. email), it's important to include as much specific information as possible.  The people on the other end only have your notes to go by and they're usually relying on their experience to guide them.  The easier you make it for them to guide you, the easier it will be for them to actually do so.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:06 PM
  • I just had to say, Lance, you may not have many points for responses, but you have a lot of class.
    Friday, April 11, 2014 1:48 PM